About the 3SG
The B&NES 3SG creates an environment in which representatives from the voluntary, faith, community and social enterprise sector can influence local strategic decision making and share relevant events, training and information. The 3SG seeks to:
· Consider and champion views and experiences of the local 3rd sector, ensuring that the 3SG is a key part of the public services decision making processes.
· Act as a mechanism to raise issues and opportunities for the local 3rd sector as well as develop innovative joint responses.
· Support the 3SG representatives on partnerships and boards as appropriate.
· Encourage joined up communications across the sector as well as share resources and expertise.
· Be a focal point for receiving and disseminating strategic information.
· A platform to promote & raise awareness of the activities of volunteers & 3rd sector organisations operating in B&NES.
3SG is run by members for members. Our Core Group are all representatives of local third sector organisations who volunteer their time to 3SG.
We have a part time coordinator whose time is generously supported by Localgiving. You can email our coordinator via email@example.com
We are also grateful for the support of Quartet Community Foundation who have provided a grant to help pay for member events.
Membership of the 3SG
There are four different ways to become a member of the 3SG:
1. Organisational Members
One representative from any constituted third sector organisation working in B&NES can become an Organisational Member of the 3SG. The 3SG Coordinator maintains an active Organisational Membership list on this website and invites members to the annual open meeting.
2. Core Group Members
The 3SG has a ‘Core Group’ (of no more than ten people) who are elected annually by no more than one representative of each Organisational Member via attendance at the annual open meeting.
The Core Group members of 3SG meet quarterly at closed meetings. They represent the views of the local 3rd sector & their networks at meetings and disseminate information back out.
The elected members of the 3SG Core Group consist of senior representatives from a range of local third sector organisations that must be existing Organisational Members of 3SG.
The 3SG works with Enablers whose role is to support the local 3rd sector but do not have 3SG voting rights and are not part of the Core Group or Organisational membership. The following enablers will attend the closed Core Group meetings when possible:
Representatives of the following boards and networks attend the closed Core Group meetings when possible. They also feed in information and consult with the 3SG Core Group on a regular basis. Ideally many of the Core Group members will also be Representatives and sit on other networks and boards such as the following: