Bath Rugby Foundations’ Alternative Learning Hub programmes empower young people to create a better future for themselves by providing opportunities to gain confidence, life skills and independence through innovative education, coaching and support. We work closely with individuals, families, schools, and clubs to unlock potential, reignite self-belief and provide opportunities for children of all abilities and backgrounds
The Alternative Learning coach must have a can-do attitude and work calmly under pressure as part of a team environment. Being able to relate to young people and demonstrate listening skills without judgment is critical to the role. Being energetic, passionate, and confident within sports and classroom delivery is vital.
At Bath Rugby Foundation we take team culture seriously. Our environment fosters the individual, giving them space to be heard so that they can develop personally and professionally. We aim to embody both individual and team integrity, enjoyment, and creative expression. This is our gift to our students & each other.
1. Delivery of high-quality sport and classroom-based sessions and interventions
2. Provide appropriate mentoring, support, guidance for our students
3. Self-reflection and commitment professional development
4. Completion of case studies, registers, and reports
5. Sessional planning and preparation. Including printing, equipment checks and classroom set-up and risk assessments
6. Provide 121 support with participants who have additional needs and who have educational health care plans
7. Work collaboratively with other Bath Rugby Foundation staff and volunteers to deliver sessions, events, meetings, and overseas opportunities
8. Communicate efficiently via email and telephone to colleagues, schools, families, and stakeholders 9. Help to foster, maintain, and strengthen Bath Rugby Foundation’s partnerships and relationships with recipients of the programmes, key sponsors, and stakeholders.
10. Help support the promotion and wider awareness of the Alternative Learning Hub 11. Having the bravery to hold yourself and your team to its required standard.
1. Always comply with health and safety regulations and safe working practices in accordance with current legislation, as detailed in the Foundation’s health and safety policies and procedures.
2. Follow and uphold the Foundations safeguarding procedures and policies.
3. Work with programme Officer’s to ensure relevant health and Safety regulations and safe working practices are delivered and are upheld by all staff.
4. Always conduct themselves in a professional manner (both in person and online) in line with the Foundations code of conduct and behaviour policy.
Benefits for staff
• Changing children and young people’s lives
• Flexible working arrangements
• Professional development and progression plan
• Onsite mental health and wellbeing service
• Free inner-city parking
• Overseas coaching and networking opportunities
• Qualifications associated to your role
• Company laptop and mobile phone
• Usage of company fleet
• Access to gym facilities
• Bath Rugby matchday tickets
• Bath Rugby events
• Bath Rugby uniform
• Affiliation and direct links with elite level sports team
• Exclusive business networking opportunities
• Generous Maternity & Paternity package
• Regular team building and social events
• Direct train and bus links
• Commercial city discount card
• Access to a plethora of working space – Bath Recreation Ground, Hilton Hotel, Farleigh House
Please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV directly to - email@example.com
£17,000-£20,000 per annum
37.5 hours per week
Permanent, Full Time (Monday – Friday normal working hours)
Bath Recreation Ground (Bath Rugby Stadium)
Monday, 12 December 2022