The post holder will be responsible to:
- Lead the delivery and development of a wide range of activities to increase the inclusion of disabled people in physical activity and sport.
- To lead the delivery of inclusive and disability-specific sports sessions in Specialist and Mainstream schools.
- To deliver active sessions in the community for young people and disabled adults who live in supported living / within day care services or through other organisations who work with this target audience.
- To support / develop new opportunities for disabled people (adults and / or children) to access community sports clubs within Somerset.
- To promote, support and champion existing opportunities for disabled people to be active in Somerset.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- To work with SASP to develop projects & deliver sessions, liaising with external stakeholders and partners. These will include Adult Social Care, Schools & Colleges, Voluntary Support Agencies etc.
- To ensure that participants voices are heard and taken into account when developing community sports clubs.
- To plan and deliver safe and purposeful sessions in a variety of settings to disabled people and where appropriate support other coaches, instructors and activity providers to do the same.
- To be able to carry out and provide risk assessments for all sessions and support other deliverers to do the same.
- To have a good knowledge of safeguarding, equality and inclusion and understand and adhere to strict policy guidelines.
- To have confidence in adapting activities so sessions are suitable for a wide range of people. These can include those with learning disabilities, physical/sensory disabilities, families and inter-generational groups where appropriate.
- To develop more sustainable opportunities across the county for disabled adults and children to be physical active.
- To be able to promote opportunities and examples of good practice to raise awareness of the importance of being physically active.
Please contact Jenny for full Job Description before applying: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sports Development Officer (Disability)
£20,000 - £23,000
37 hours per week and may include some evening and weekend work
Across Somerset (+ work from home)
Monday, 16 January 2023