Service Coordination Duties
· Together with the drivers, coordinate the rotas and routes for collecting people each day to ensure that the Service operates effectively and safely
· Maintain records of holiday and absence, liaising between drivers to ensure that there is cover for absence.
- Be the main point of contact for people using our transport and employees wishing to communicate with the Transport Service
- Collate the records of mileage/fuel consumption for each vehicle and complete the details on Excel spreadsheet on Sharepoint each month
- Support with the implementation of an electronic Field service App for drivers
· Be responsible for health & safety requirements relating to our passengers, employees and vehicles
- Compile reports for our funders, as required, and assist with grant applications
Staff Management, Training & Supervision
· Manage the other drivers to ensure a good level of performance of their jobs.
· Recruit new drivers, where necessary, with assistance from line manager
· Facilitate regular drivers’ meetings, conduct 1:1’s and ensure that everyone has access to the training they require
- Ensure Age UK Bath | North East Somerset Policies and Procedures are correctly followed
Responsibility for Vehicles
· Ensure vehicles are properly maintained, cleaned, and repaired
- Make the necessary arrangements for vehicle maintenance and complete monthly reports.
· Manage all aspects of vehicle upgrades
· Ensure the vehicles are taxed, insured and have up to date MOT
· Be responsible for vehicle security
· In the event of an accident ensure a report is completed, photos and statements taken, insurers notified and all of requirements are complied with in a timely fashion.
Driving and Passenger Care
· Drive an Age UK Bath | North East Somerset minibus on routes and at times.
· Accompany passengers safely from their home to the bus, ensure they get on and are seated safely and comfortably.
· Deal with any discomfort or emergency arising for the passengers during the journey
· Deliver the passengers to the agreed destination on time
· Ensure the passengers are able to get off the bus safely and see that they enter the building that they are delivered to, accompanying them if necessary
· Maintain logs of mileage driven and hours worked
· Keep the vehicle clean inside and out
· Liaise with the Club Organisers so as to pick up and set down passengers at times convenient for the Day Club
· Notify the organisation of any prosecutions for driving offences incurred whilst an employee
· Notify the organisation of any illness or any medication you are taking which may affect your ability to drive safely
· Drive safely, always complying with all regulations of the Highway Code and all legal requirements/parking regulations
· Do regular safety checks of the vehicles such as checking tyres, tyre pressures, seat belts. Maintain records of checks.
£23,660 per annum pro rata
Bath, Keynsham & Somer Valley
Tuesday, 11 October 2022