The 3SG Trustees are comprised of a maximum of ten individuals that represent the local 3rd sector in Bath and north east Somerset.
The 3SG Trustees meet quarterly at a closed meeting. They will represent the views of the local 3rd sector & their networks at meetings and disseminate information back out to members.
The 3SG Trustees consist of senior representatives from a range of local third sector organisations who must be existing Organisational Members of 3SG. The current Trustees represent a range of charities working in Bath, Radstock, Midsomer Norton, Keynsham and other parts of North East Somerset.
3SG Chair of Trustees
Kate Morton (Chief Executive, Bath Mind)
Rev Roger Driver (St Michaels Without Church)
Caroline Haworth (Children and Young People's Network Representative and Director, Bath Area Play Project)
Melissa Hillier (Director, We Hear You)
Nicky Tew (Fundraising and Finance Manager, SWALLOW)
Sarah Williams (Manager, Swan Advice Network)
Michelle Jacobs (Commercial and Business Development Manager – Curo Choice)
Jenny Perez (Fundraising & Comms Manager, Mentoring Plus)
Claire Bloor (CEO, Somerset & Avon Rape & Sexual Abuse Support)
Simon Allen (CEO, Age Uk Bath and North East Somerset)
If you would like to stand for election as a Trustee in the future please contact 3SG. Please read our Objects and the Trustee job description below before standing:
3SG Trustee job description
• Be a member of a constituted third sector organisation working in B&NES. Third sector includes voluntary and community organisations (both registered charities and other organisations such as associations, self-help groups and community groups), social enterprises, CIC's mutuals and co-operatives.
• Be linked in with local third sector networks relevant to their organisations work in order to communicate to and from other third sector organisations.
• Be able to commit the time required to deliver the role effectively. This includes: reading papers; regularly attending quarterly Third Sector Group meetings; cascading information to and from other third sector organisations; delivering work on the Third Sector Group’s behalf.
• Have experience and knowledge of the strategic policy and planning context for third sector services.
• Have a personal commitment to and enthusiasm for undertaking the task.
• Have an understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities.
• Be able to represent the diversity of the third sector in an impartial manner.
• Be able to contribute effectively to discussions and decision-making in third sector group meetings and feedback information effectively to wider networks.
• Be able to challenge others’ views in a constructive way.
• Act as a conduit for wider Third Sector views and experiences at 3SG meetings and not lobby for your own organisation.
• Declare all voluntary sector interests and any professional or public interests (e.g. if you are a local authority councillor) on an annual register of interests.
A Trustee who regularly fails to attend 3SG meetings or report to the sector may be deselected.