Last updated 20.4.2020
By using our services you agree to 3SG using your data in accordance with the information outlined below. At the point of entry you agree that all data you provide on behalf of yourself or an organisation is accurate to the best of your knowledge.
Purposes of Processing
What data do we collect?
3SG collects detailed information about organisations and individuals that provide and/or have links with charitable services within Bath and North East Somerset and the South West. If you provide us with information about other people or organisations, it is your responsibility to obtain their consent regarding us storing and processing their information in accordance with this policy. 3SG relies on users to say if information is incorrect or out of date and if any alterations need to be made. If you do not want us to process your information and use it as detailed in this policy, you can remove or alter your permissions at any time, as described below.
What is personal data?
Some information we collect about you is personal data. As used in this Policy, “personal data” is as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, Data Protection act 2018 and any successor legislation. Personal data includes any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we hold about you, identifies you as an individual. This includes, your name, postal address, email address and telephone number.
Why do we need your personal data?
We will only process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We need certain personal data in order to provide you with access to our Site and our Services. If you sign up to our newsletter, you will be asked to give your consent and agree to provide this information to us. Some of our services require you to provide information in this way. This consent provides us with the legal basis we require under the applicable laws to process your data. You maintain the right to withdraw such consent at any time. If you do not agree to our use of your personal data in line with this Policy, please do not use our Site and Services.
This information helps 3SG to:
- Provide users with advice and support, including news, information and opportunities;
- Enhance and improve the services provided;
- Provide users with information about activities, plans, events, training and opportunities offered by 3SG and the sector which might be of use or interest;
- Analyse who accesses our services, where improvements can be made and any trends which might occur – for monitoring and future planning purposes.
Collecting Your Personal Data
Information You Give Us.
This includes personal data:
- You provide when you use our services or speak to a 3SG member of staff, volunteer or partner. This information includes your name, email address, telephone number, and organisation. In some cases you will be asked to provide your postal address and possibly provide demographic information (such as your gender or title);
- That may be contained in a video, photograph, comment, a job opportunity, news article, or other content or submission you send via email or social media, or that you ask a 3SG member of staff to do so on your behalf;
- That may be contained in a video, photograph or other media, taken by a 3SG member of staff, for example at one of our events (this will only ever be shared with your consent);
- You provide when signing up to an event or training, such as your name, contact details, and organisation;
- You provide when you ask for support on our Site, over the phone, or directly with a 3SG member of staff;
- You provide when you sign up to our newsletter through our Site; and
- You provide when you correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise.
Information from Social Networking Sites.
Our Site includes interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking sites (each a “SNS”). We post content on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook, and advise you check their privacy policies (which can be found using the above links). If you connect to a SNS through our Site or other Services, you authorize us to access, use and store the information that you agreed the SNS could provide to us based on your settings on that SNS. We will access, use and store that information in accordance with this Policy. You can revoke our access to the information you provide in this way at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable SNS.
Information We Get from Others.
Information Automatically Collected.
Using Google Analytics, we automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our Site. For example, when visiting our Site, we may log your computer or mobile device operating system name and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, browser language, pages you viewed on our site, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Sharing your personal data
BANES 3SG is part of the Compassionate Communities Hub - as a result we have a Data Sharing Agreement in place and we will share data with other members of this hub (currently BANES Council & Virgin Care).
What are cookies?
We collect information using Cookies. Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site.
Cookies we use
We use two broad categories of cookies; first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which are used only by us to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Site; and third party cookies, which are served by service providers on our Site, and can be used by such service providers to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites. Some of these cookies are essential to ensure our site works as expected. Others are non-essential cookies which anonymously track visitors to enhance your experience of our Site. You are able to disable these cookies (instructions below), but some features of our site may then be unavailable.
You can remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to automatically accept cookies until you change your settings.
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com.
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Site. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Site.
Using Your Personal Data
- To operate, maintain, and improve our Site, products, and services;
- To respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer service;
- With your consent, to send you promotional emails about upcoming activities and other news, including information about products and services offered by us and our partners. You may opt-out of receiving such information at any time - such emails tell you how to “opt-out”;
- With your consent, to link you with other organisations for the benefit of your organisation;
- To link or combine user information with other personal data;
- As we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities, to enforce our Policy, and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others;
- To analyse our impact and how well we are reaching our aims;
- As described in the “Sharing of your Personal Data” section below.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data as follows:
- We may share your personal data with third parties where you have provided your consent for us to do so;
- We may share your personal data with our third party service providers who provide services such as payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision. These third parties are Google (who provide our email and office systems, Survey Monkey (privacy policies can be found by clicking the links). They are only permitted to use your personal data to the extent necessary to enable them to provide their services to us and are required to follow our express instructions and to comply with appropriate security measures to protect your personal data;
- When we are required to share your data with third parties on the basis that we are jointly undertaking or being commissioned to fulfil a contract with them. In many cases this information is anonymized, however when individuals are identifiable we will tell them prior to providing us with their data or we will seek their explicit permission before sharing with third parties;
- If and when we sell or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding;
- We may share personal data as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws; to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; to enforce our Policy; and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others.
When we use the term “anonymous data,” we are referring to data and information that does not permit you to be identified or identifiable, either alone or when combined with any other information available to a third party.
We may create anonymous data from the personal data we receive about you and other individuals whose personal data we collect. Anonymous data might include analytics information and information collected by us using cookies. We make personal data into anonymous data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you.
Third Party Sites
Our Site and services may contain links to third party websites and features. This Policy does not cover the privacy practices of such third parties. These third parties have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their websites, features or policies. We recommend you read their privacy policies before submitting any data to them.
You may share personal data with us when you submit user generated content to be posted on our Site. Please note that any information you post or disclose on our Site in this way will become public information, and will be available to other users of our Site and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal data, or any other information, on our Site in this way. Such personal data and other information will not be private or confidential once it is published on our Site.
If you provide feedback to us, about our Site or services, we may use and disclose such feedback, without your personal data attached, on our Site.
Location and accessibility of data
Information is stored on Google servers.. Data held by 3SG is accessible to all our staff members and contractors so that we can provide thorough and personalised support. 3SG has an internal data protection policy which requires staff and contractors to not share information outside of 3SG unless required to do so by law.
We seek to use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data within our organisation.
We will only retain your personal data for a maximum of 36 months after your last interaction with our site, access to services or other contact with 3SG, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example for regulatory purposes). However, it is common for service contracts to require data relating to their delivery to be retained by the provider for a number of years after the contract has been completed. Therefore 3SG may retain some information for archival purposes and historical analysis for more than 36 months in order to comply with such requirements.
Accuracy of advice
Advice is given to the best of 3SG's knowledge, however, it should not be taken as a substitute for relevant legal advice and users of our services should always check any advice and information provided for themselves and/or with other advisors whenever relevant. 3SG cannot be responsible for inaccuracies provided. This applies to information provided via the site regardless of the method or format of communication, including from a web page, email, the support inquiry service, or other methods.
This website, information and resources contained in it are, unless explicitly stated otherwise, protected by intellectual property rights and either belong to or are licensed to 3SG to use or are shared and attributed accordingly. This includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, graphics, documents, and information on the website.
You may print, download or link to information provided by 3SG for non-commercial or individual use as long as materials are not modified and 3SG is acknowledged as the source, preventing any damage to 3SG's reputation, and that association is not inferred where none exists.
Our Policy on Children
Our Site and Services are not directed to individuals under 16, and as such individuals under 16 should not submit information to our site or otherwise use our site and services. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with information without their consent, they should contact us and we will delete any information from our files as soon as is reasonably practicable.
Sensitive Personal Data
In some instances we may request sensitive personal data from you. This is to monitor our Site and services and ensure they are accessible to all demographics. Sensitive personal data includes information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, and criminal background (not gender, sexuality, ability/disability etc?). Providing sensitive personal data is never a requirement to use our Site or services, and by providing us with this information you are consenting to us utilising it in accordance with this policy. If you do not consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal data, you must not submit such information to our Site or services.
You have the right to object to any processing of your data at any time.
You may contact us anytime to opt-out of:
- Direct marketing communications;
- Automated decision-making and/or profiling;
- Our collection of your sensitive personal data; and
- Any other processing we undertake.
You may access the information we hold about you at any time via your profile/account or by contacting us directly using the contact details at the bottom of this page.
You can contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal data, or do so yourself through your profile/account. We remind users to review and correct information on an annual basis, and it is their responsibility to maintain the accuracy of information we hold about them or tell us of any issues. We are not liable for any damages caused by information you get from our site or any connections made to it.
Your personal data is portable, and you have the right and flexibility to move your data to another service provider if you wish. To do this please contact us, stating what information you would like to transport and who to.
Erase and forget
You have the right to request we erase any information you no longer want us to hold. This erasure will mean you may no longer able to access our services and may impact your use of our Site.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights detailed above, please take the required action yourself via your profile/account/dashboard or contact us using the details in the “contact us” section below. In your request, please make clear the following:
- What personal data is concerned;
- Which of the above rights you would like to enforce.
We may need to verify your identity before implementing your request and will try to comply with your request within 30 days of your request. If you wish to enforce any of your rights listed above, please contact us here. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion. We reserve the right to withhold releasing information if in doing so it makes detecting crime more difficult or relates to national security.
We are committed to resolve any complaints about our collection or use of your personal data. If you would like to make a complaint regarding this Policy or our practices in relation to your personal data, please contact us using the details below. Our customer charter gives further details on our complaints procedure. We will respond to your complaint within 30 days, and within accordance with our complaints procedure. We hope to resolve any complaint brought to our attention, however if you feel that your complaint (about our use of your data) has not been adequately resolved, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy.
You may contact us at:
Address: 10 Westgate Street, Bath, BA1 6EQ