The programme See, Hear, Respond is run by Barnardos (in partnership with the Department for Education) to refer children adversely affected by lockdown/exposed to harm to receive support to prevent escalation of difficulties. The funding from government is aimed at families where there is increased parental conflict or DV and children experiencing anxiety, bereavement, self-harm and online grooming as a result of lockdown. Their referral portal is currently active and you can submit referrals by visiting their site here.
Barnardos and partners (Voluntary Sector organisations have been brought into deliver this including Action for Children, NSPCC, Relate and many more), can support reintegration into education where children have anxiety about returning to school. 47,000 emails went out to heads in every school and Barnardos were expecting a flood of referrals before schools closed. They have had just 3 referrals from schools in the whole of the South West.
The ‘See, Hear, Respond’ programme aims to intervene and find the most vulnerable children and young people who are hidden from view; who are not currently receiving support and those who are at risk and/or experiencing adverse impact to their health and wellbeing.
It’s a fast moving project starting in June and delivering till the end of October and is a crises response to children and families. Barnardo’s aims to deliver 30% of the interventions with the remaining 70% being delivered by partners.
Barnardos would welcome contact from organisations that wish to find out more information about becoming delivery partners and/or organisations that may be able refer into this programme.
The referral portal is currently active and you can submit referrals by visiting their site here.