Last week, The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) launched its Almanac for 2021. Drawing on a range of sources, the Almanac provides a snapshot of what voluntary organisations do, their income and spending, workforce, volunteering and impact.
Some of the key statistics from the report are outlined below:
- There are 163,150 Voluntary Organisations in the UK
- 16.3 Million people volunteered their time at least once during 2020/21 through a group, club or organisation
- The voluntary sector has a paid workforce of 951,611, up 20% since 2010
- The voluntary sector contributed £20bn to the economy or 0.9% of total GDP.
- For a quick overview of the Almanac, read their executive summary.
- You can read the Almanac in full here
You can also find here a summary from Anya Martin from NCVO, who discusses some of the key findings of the Almanac 2021 and the insights they provide about the UK’s voluntary sector.