As part of their 5 Million Futures programme, Deloitte is looking to apply the skills they use every day with their clients to help charities build back from the impact of the pandemic. In the form of up to two hours of free coaching support for charities, SMEs or social enterprises who have been hardest hit by the pandemic.
Please note, the deadline for this opportunity is this Friday 23rd April.
Specifically, this is an opportunity for a charity or social enterprise to have up to two hours free coaching with Deloitte staff on:
- Problem-solving through collaborative brainstorming: where you will be assigned a team of volunteers with a range of skills and experiences to tackle some of your business challenges (a one-off, 2-hour session); or
- Financial planning session: where you will be teamed up with a Deloitte employee who will share their expertise to help improve your organisation's financial planning (2 x 40-minute sessions); or
- Leading through COVID: the opportunity for a CEO or Senior Leader in a one-to-one coaching session with a Deloitte Partner or Director on the challenges of leading through COVID-19 (a one-off 2-hour session)
How to take part?
There are a limited number of opportunities, offered on a first-come, first-served basis, so please do share with your members to sign up promptly now.
- Play the video attached to find out more about this exciting virtual coaching opportunity.
- Click on this link to register for the virtual coaching sessions, selecting which topics you would like to work through with the Deloitte volunteers, and fill in when you are available in May.
- Please remember to keep a hold in your diary for these slots and notify us if your availability changes.
- Once we have received all your details we will be able to match you with a volunteer. Please allow for at least one week for this matching process.
- You will get an email confirming your session and time, followed by a reminder a week before you are due to meet with your very own Deloitte volunteer(s). You will also be sent a discussion guide a week in advance of the booking, showing how the sessions will be structured and how to get the best out of them.