Updated: May 29
We are excited to share that June is ‘The Month of Community’, a campaign which entails many events such as Volunteers' Week (1st-7th) & Small Charity Week (20th-25th) to bring people and organisations together to celebrate everything that makes our communities great! (see news section below)!
June will see a month of community events and celebrations across the UK, as we get together to share friendship, have fun and support a variety of charities and causes.
Last year, over 15 million people took part in the first ever Month of Community, and this year it’s going to be even bigger and better. So don't miss out, join in this June - whether you want to say cheers to volunteers, connect with your neighbours, support a cause you care about, or simply to say thank you, it's all part of the Month of Community! Continue reading below to find out how you or your organisation can get involved...
Partner Campaigns - Quicklinks
How you can get involved
- Show your support for the campaign on social media, using the content and graphics below
- Include copy in your e-news, blogs or websites to help spread the word! Suggested copy is included in this document, but we can provide additional copy and images to help
- Organise your own event! Use our new stamp to help show your event, however big or small, is part of the Month of Community.
- Support participating partner campaigns - check out our website for the full list
- Supporting other Month of Community events – find out what’s going on in your area
Suggested social media posts
- Here are a few suggested ideas for social media posts to help make it easy for you to support the campaign
- Don’t forget to include #MonthofCommunity in your posts!
- Please remember to use an image or video with your post as this will help with engagement
- Visit participating campaign websites to find specialised campaign resources for each participating campaign week
- If you have any questions about supporting us on social, please get in touch with Thea Bibby at email@example.com
Social Media Content
TEMPLATE TWITTER POSTS
This year, we’re proudly part of the Month of Community, and celebrating everything that makes our communities great!
The #MonthOfCommunity celebrates everything that makes our communities great! Whether it’s cheering on volunteers, organising a Big Lunch or hosting an activity for Loneliness Awareness Week, there’s so many ways to get involved.
Find out more: www.monthofcommunity.com
(you can also use this to signpost to your own community activity)
I’m taking part in [The Big Lunch/The Great Get Together/Volunteers Week etc] as part of #MonthOfCommunity, celebrating all the wonderful things happening in [my town]! I’ll be doing [this activity on this date]
TEMPLATE FACEBOOK POSTS
Facebook option 1:
This year, we’re taking part in the Month of Community! The Month of Community celebrates the amazing things happening in our communities, and anyone can get involved. Get involved at www.monthofcommunity.com
Facebook option 2:
We’re proudly taking part in [The Big Lunch/Refugee Festival Scotland/Volunteers Week etc] as part of the Month of Community, celebrating all the wonderful things happening in [my town]!
I’ll be hosting (this activity on this date) and would love to have as many people as possible join us.
Facebook option 3:
We’re proudly taking part in Month of Community, celebrating all the wonderful things happening in [my town]! There’s so much going on, so why not get involved?
Find out more here: www.monthofcommunity.com
Use the Month of Community stamps on design assets to show that you’re supporting the Month of Community!