Tue, 07 Mar|
Cyber Security Training for Small Charities
Do you know how to protect your organisation against a cyber-attack? Have you thought about the risks to your charity if you were hacked, phished or your online presence crashed?
Time & Location
07 Mar 2023, 10:00 – 11:30
About the Event
Sometimes it's easy to assume that charities and community groups are either too small or too 'nice' to be targeted, but we all know how easy it is for a fraudulent invoice to get through the system, how difficult it is to be truly data secure, and how damaging it is to find your email system or website unexpectedly offline.
The smallest organisations are often the most vulnerable in all sorts of ways, especially now we’re all more online than ever. This training will help you to be aware of cyber security risks, and teach you ways to prevent a cyber attack.
What will the session cover?
The session will be broken into three main parts:
- What cyber-attacks could a small charity fall victim to?
- What simple steps can you take to enhance your cyber security?
- What should we do if we suffer a cyber-attack?
Throughout the session, your local trainers will help you understand the content through real life examples, videos and most importantly by removing the jargon that can make cyber security seem difficult to understand.
What will the session enable me to do?
The training aims to provide you with an understanding of the basics of cyber security in a small charity, and what steps you should be taking to protect your organisation. After the session you will be provided with NCSC’s Cyber Security: Small Charity Guide to help you put your new knowledge into practice.
Specific Learning Outcomes
At the end of the session, you will:
- Understand why small charities are at risk of cyber-attack;
- Understand the specific types of cyber-attack that small charities could be vulnerable to and how they have been attacked in the past;
- Learn some practical steps you can take to avoid being attacked, including
- Data backup
- Avoiding ‘phishing’
- How to use passwords effectively
- Protection from ‘malware’
- How to secure smartphones/tablets
- Know what to do in the event of a cyber-attack on your organisation.
If you have any accessibility requirements, please email: email@example.com