Tue, 02 May|
Good Conversations Volunteer Training
A volunteer training session aimed at volunteers operating in community spaces such as lunch clubs, community cafes, drop-in centres or warm spaces. Lasting for two hours and run as a webinar, the course covers subjects such as ‘effective listening skills’, ‘boundaries’ and ‘safeguarding’.
Time & Location
02 May, 10:00 – 12:00
About the Event
This session provides an introduction to some of the skills and practicalities of being a volunteer whose role is to host welcoming and beneficial conversations.
It is ideal as an introduction for any volunteer involved in any kind of project in which their role involves engaging one-to-one with people whose wellbeing will benefit from being listened to, and valued as an individual. This might include chat cafes, food banks, chat benches, places of welcome or any other relevant initiatives.
The training includes:
- Understanding guests’ needs and how to approach them
- How to open and maintain beneficial conversations
- Active listening skills
- Knowing if-and-when to share their faith (where appropriate)
- Keeping their guests, themselves, and their organisation safe
- Understanding boundaries
- Managing expectations and risks
Tickets are £20