Wed, 16 Mar|
Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Training Webinar
Safeguarding Somerset is holding a regional training event to raise awareness of human trafficking and slavery, and aid professionals in safely identifying and supporting victims.
Time & Location
16 Mar 2022, 10:00 – 12:00
About the Event
This online sessions aims to provide practitioners across Avon and Somerset with the opportunity to learn more about human trafficking and slavery, and to share best practices and help identify and support those at risk of exploitation.
The session will explore:
- What trafficking and slavery are
- Modern Slavery Legislation and legal definitions
- Knowledge of potential indicators and barriers victims may face
- Knowledge of the methods of control used
- Know how and what to do if dealing with a potential victim – Risk Management
- Knowledge of statutory and non-statutory organisations duties and responsibilities (including practical information on the National Referral Mechanism)
- Knowledge of support and resources available as well as how to access these
- Things to consider when placing a trafficked child
The session will be led by Gemma Kirby, from the Gangmaster and Labour Abuse Authority with Barnardos.
There are 30 places availble for frontline professionals to book