Location: Home based, working from offices in Bristol and Bath once per week with regular travel Contract: Flexible - 22.5 or 30 hours per week for 12 months initially with intention to extend
Salary: £22,000 to £26,000 pro rata, dependent on experience
Reports to: Head of Fundraising
Additional benefits: Company pension contribution after passing probationary period, reimbursed expenses, 25 days annual leave pro rata, flexible and supportive employer, training and support.
Your Park Bristol and Bath is a small but ambitious charity embarking on an exciting period of growth. As such we seek a committed addition to our fundraising team. You will help develop and become responsible for corporate partnerships and community fundraising, whilst supporting the team’s wider needs.
With training and support, you will be proactive in engaging with companies and individuals (volunteers, group members and supporters), developing and maintaining relationships and growing income. You will support sponsored event participants and manage corporate Team Days. In addition, you will support the wider team by assisting with social media content creation and other tasks to help the charity grow.
This is a fantastic role which may suit a graduate, somebody wishing to start-out in the charitable sector or somebody wanting to take the next step in their career. A key priority for the charity is recruiting a passionate, trustworthy and confident team member who is willing to learn life-long specialist skills. You must be an ambitious self-starter and a confident communicator.
Full training and support will be provided. Although this is a fixed term contract, we hope to extend the contract as our income grows.
Our team works a four-day week as standard and this role offers flexibility on contracted hours at either a three or four day week.
- Complete relevant short training courses and commit to learn new specialist skills from the outset (if you do not have experience in fundraising)
- Contacting potential Team Day customers, administer bookings and follow up leads/customers
- Help develop and implement a strategy to maximise income from community and corporate fundraising
- Plan and complete continual research to identify and approach prospects - Develop and nurture relationships including providing support and motivation to ensure people’s fundraising is successful
- Develop the 100km Active Challenge as a mass participation event
- Support Bath Half Marathon runners and lead on the event
- Ensure all supporters receive an excellent standard of care and feel recognised
- Attend meetings, presentations and events as required, including delivering small talks/online presentations
- Ensure the charity’s activities are recognised on social media and the website by creating and scheduling content
- Ensure all communications and donations are recorded on the charity’s database - Working closely with the Head of Fundraising and the wider charity team - Any other tasks required to support the team
- Adhere to Your Park’s Policies and Procedures at all times
- Adhere to the Fundraising Regulator’s Codes at all times
- Comply with General Data Protection Regulation obligations and other legislation - Participate in regular supervisions and an annual review with the Head of Fundraising - Promote Your Park’s name and brand with outside organisations
- Ability to work outside office hours and travel when required, either using your personal vehicle or public transport (expenses reimbursed)
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required by the Head of Fundraising, CEO or Trustees
- Confident, energetic and enthusiastic
- Ability to manage a varied workload and work using your own initiative
- Employed for at least two years / a graduate / experience in sales, customer service, event management or similar
- Excellent communications skills in person and on paper/online
- Confidence in using social media
- Reliable and committed with the ability to work efficiently at home and in the office - Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience in achieving financial and project targets
- Experience working for a small charity or in fundraising
- Experience with Canva and/or Buffer
Diversity and inclusion
Our beneficiaries come from all walks of life, but our small team is mostly made up of white women. We want to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes us stronger. If you share our values and enthusiasm for access to Bristol and Bath’s parks, you will find a home here.
All applicants will be treated equally but we want to build our level of lived experience. Therefore we are particularly interested in receiving applications from people who are from ethnically diverse backgrounds, living with a disability, caring for a loved one unpaid, or from low-income households.
To apply please send your CV and a two page maximum covering letter detailing why you are right for this role to email@example.com by 27 January 2023. First round interviews will be held on 3 February.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Amber Fisher, Head of Fundraising on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, that this job description is not contractual and may change over time as agreed with the Head of Fundraising, CEO and Board of Trustees.
£22,000 to £26,000 pro rata, dependent on experience
22.5 or 30 hours per week
12 months initially with intention to extend
Home based, working from offices in Bristol and Bath once per week with regular travel
Monday, 30 January 2023