Job Title: Digital Inclusion Project Coordinator
Contract Type: Fixed term (2 years)
Salary: £23, 660 - £26,845 (dependent on experience)
Hours: 28 hours per week
Days & Times: Monday to Friday (hybrid/flexible working permitted)
Responsible to: Community Connections Manager
Responsible for: Volunteers
18 Kingsmead Square, Bath
Main Purpose of the Job:
We are looking for an experienced project manager to develop and deliver digital inclusion support and training to people who are inexperienced and unconfident. This is a new post, so we are looking for someone who can develop this role from scratch.
The aim of our digital inclusion project is to enable older people to maintain their independence and resilience by supporting them to go online to access online health and wellbeing services, increase contact with family and friends, to access information and to undertake transactions.
· Deliver Digital Inclusion training sessions
· Manage and support existing Digital Inclusion groups; developing new groups where there is a need for this
· Support the volunteer recruitment process to develop a bank of volunteers to deliver training sessions.
· Liaise with other Age UK Bath & North East Somerset services to receive and refer people, where appropriate.
· Contact new people who would like training and complete a person-centred needs assessment, identifying specific goals for each learner.
· Match people to volunteers and manage relationships, ensuring that placements are effective. Resolve any issues arising.
· Maintain up to date knowledge of online services relevant to older people.
· Identify and manage risks, and promote awareness including staying safe online, data security, & scams awareness.
· Line manage, train and develop volunteers to fulfil their role requirements
· Work closely with service leads within Age UK Bath & North East Somerset to provide skill development and ensure cross departmental referrals.
Finance and Administration
· Ensure all personal data is recorded accurately on our database, Salesforce.
· Ensure appropriate records are maintained, any reports to funders are submitted in accordance with requirements. Responding to other reasonable requests for information, as and when required.
· Produce information and reports on performance of the Service as required by the Community Connections Manager.
· Maximise the use of Digital Systems to ensure the administration of the project is as efficient as possible.
Quality and Service Development
· Using the Digital Inclusion Handbook developed by Age UK National develop an effective and resilient service to cover Bath and NE Somerset.
· Ensure that effective and regular feedback and engagement are in place and suggestions, comments and complaints are recorded, communicated and acted upon.
· Identify and record outcomes to measure the impact of the service.
· Ensure compliance with Age UK National standards and guidelines and any other quality marks in operation.
· Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
· Capture learning and produce an end of project evaluation report.
· To maintain own professional expertise, including attending training as necessary and be subject to supervision and an annual appraisal.
· To attend staff meetings, away days and other similar staff events.
· To ensure all activities are carried out in line with Age UK Bath & North East Somerset’s vision, mission and policies.
· It is the nature of the work that tasks and responsibilities are in many circumstances unpredictable and varied. All employees are expected to work in a flexible way.
· Some meetings and other events may be held out of normal office hours and may involve travel away from the local area.
· The above items outline the main duties and responsibilities of the post and are designed to give an accurate flavour of the nature and scope of this post. However, they do not represent an inclusive list of all the duties required.
· Become familiar with the content of our policies and procedures and ensure that you always work to the requirements.
Please visit our website for further details and an application pack.
Digital Inclusion Project Coordinator
£23, 660 - £26,845 FTE
Monday, 8 August 2022