Purpose of Job
To provide an independent and confidential counselling service on behalf of Off the Record for young people age 10-25 years living in the Bath and North East Somerset area.
The service is to be delivered across Bath and North East Somerset, within community or partner locations like secondary schools or other educational settings.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide 50-minute counselling sessions
- To collate data for record keeping and outcome measurements on our confidential database.
- To work within the BACP Ethical Framework and Off the Record policies and procedures.
- To attend monthly one to one clinical supervision
- To attend monthly managerial supervision
- To attend monthly group supervision
- To work collaboratively with partners when managing referrals and coordinating appointments
1. Contribute to co-operative working across all the services within Off the Record
2. Ensure the effective implementation of the organisation’s policies and overall organisational objectives, including:
3. Following Health & Safety policies and procedures.
4. Following safeguarding policies and procedures are followed in all aspects of the work with children and young people
5. Actively promoting good equal opportunities practices across all aspects of the work and taking positive steps to counter discrimination however and wherever it occurs
6. Participate constructively in supervision and staff development opportunities including training and team building initiatives and contribute to the overall organisational objectives.
7. Promote and enable active involvement of young people in planning, improving and making decisions about OTR services.
8. Ensure effective and accessible communication with staff, service users and the general public, and developing effective professional relationships both internally and with outside agencies.
9. The job description is a general outline of the job duties and responsibilities and may be amended as OTR develops. The post holder maybe required to undertake other additional duties as may be reasonably required from time to time.
10. Actively promoting good equal opportunities practices across all aspects of the work and taking positive steps to counter discrimination however and wherever it occurs
Terms and Conditions
· Leave entitlement: when working with schools or in education, we provide term time only contracts, and will pay you for annual leave as well
· Probation: There is a probation period of 6 months
· Positions with Off the Record are subject to funding
· Travel may be required to locations other than OTRs office, which will be agreed on appointment.
Appointments will be subject to satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS check
£16.87 per hour
4 - 21 hours per week (term time only),
This will initially be to cover maternity leave until August 2024, but with the possibility of continuing opportunities beyond this date.
Wednesday, 15 November 2023