Purpose of Job
To assist the Senior Youth Support Worker to develop and deliver high quality youth work provision that provides informal learning opportunities for young people aged 13-19 years (up to 25 years with special needs)
Working as part of a team of staff and volunteers you would be expected to be involved with the planning, delivery and evaluation of Positive Activities linked to the YCSW curriculum
Youth Connect South West Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. Work with the Senior Youth Support Worker to support the programme of activities, services, and facilities within the youth project.
To work with young people to actively encourage their personal and social development. This will be achieved through face-to-face work with young people to a minimum of 80% of working time.
To drive the Mobile Youth bus.
To develop opportunities for the empowerment of young people.
To work using independent initiative in the delivery of youth work programmes in consultation with the Senior Youth Support worker
To assist with monitoring, recording, and evaluation of work within the project.
7. Help ensure that young people and vulnerable adults within the organization are safe and follow agreed procedures where it is necessary to make safeguarding arrangements or child protection referrals
8. To assist young people in gathering evidence for the accreditation and recording of their learning and ensure that accreditation and recorded outcomes targets are established and met.
9. Help ensure YCSW is responsive to community needs and that equalities issues are identified and addressed effectively
10. Help ensure that effective external and internal working relationships are maintained with organisations and agencies as appropriate.
11. Contribute to the YCSW Vision, Mission and Values
Youth Support Worker
£19,922– £22,104 pro rata
Bath city centre
Friday, 28 October 2022