As senior sessional staff lead design, promote and deliver programmes which will engage personal, social and informal educational development of the members who attend the club.
Support the YCOW Mobile Lead with the recruitment, training and professional development of the part time YCOW Youth Work Team. You will work in collaboration with internal and external colleagues and other organisations from a variety of sectors with the aim of developing strong cross Sector Partnerships that further the aims and objectives of the charity.
Through good community and youth led consultation, you will be able to discover, design and co-deliver a programme of high-quality open access and social action in a variety of communities and settings throughout the Greater Bristol area.
You will collectively work to ensure maximisation of the Youth Club On Wheels in various settings (e.g. community, schools etc). Working with the YB Fundraising Team you will ensure all Mobile delivery sessions are fully funded. You will lead on collaboration with local and national Partner Agencies to systematically and sustainably expand and ensure quality and consistency of our Mobile youth work offer.
You will support the YCOW Mobile Lead to ensure the YB Youth Club On Wheels is maintained to a high standard, remains compliant, legal and roadworthy (e.g. MOT, Road Tax, Insured etc) at all times. You will be the first point of contact for all matters relating to the YB Youth Club On Wheels.
You will have a depth and breadth of skills and competencies from management capabilities, through to strong communication and facilitation skills. You’ll be as comfortable inspiring children and young people as you will supporting youth workers, volunteers and feel at home working with budgets and bids as you will leading and developing a team.
Most of all you’ll believe in the power of good youth work and you’ll be absolutely committed to children and young people, ensuring that they can make the most of the opportunities that YB has to offer.
· Reporting through to the YCOW Mobile Lead, take responsibility for developing and implementing the strategic direction, focus and continuous improvement of the YB youth offer through its Youth Club On Wheels.
· You will provide inspirational leadership and strategic oversight to the YCOW Youth Work Team, manage relationships with key funders and partners, develop on existing but also establish new opportunities for children, young people and communities ensuring YB is fully embedded in the communities it serves.
· Acting as the Senior Youth Worker, run Club evening(s) and occasional weekends by planning and organising an appropriate and relevant Club programme that is member led.
· Ensure our working practices adhere to YB policies and procedures as described in the YB Employee Handbook and play your role in creating a “can do” culture within the charity.
· Ensure the ongoing safe operation of YB Mobile Provision, through a high level of risk management, fit for purpose operating procedures taking into account all Health & Safety, GDPR and required Quality Assurance standards.
· Ensure Membership forms are upto date, and correctly completed and nightly registers are taken recording young people attending sessions.
· To promote and encourage member participation, decision making and responsibility amongst the membership.
· To develop understanding of key needs and priorities of members and form appropriate professional relationships with members.
· To deliver support, advice and guidance using best practice in such areas as sexual health, drugs/alcohol, C- card, Health and Well-Being etc.
· To attend staff meetings and training sessions as deemed necessary by the Senior Management Team.
· To take positive steps to counter discrimination, however and wherever it occurs.
· With the support of sessional youth workers, administer all monies raised and disbursed by the Club in accordance with the Clubs policies and procedures and to undertake any administration as is necessary for the smooth operation of the Club and/or programme.
· Organise, coordinate and supervise any fundraising activities of the Club.
· Lead the Club with working towards acquiring Quality Assurance Accreditation.
· To carry out such other duties as may be requested by the Senior Management Team.
The person suited to this new post will demonstrate that they:
- Have a good understanding of the aims and principles of Youth Work and ideally have either a Level 2/3 Youth Work qualification or equivalent qualification and/or appropriate lived experience with the commitment to complete professional Youth Work qualifications. You will also have some experience in a Supervisory/Management role.
- Have a flexible approach to work as evening, school holiday and some weekend, including residential work will be involved. Note: This role may on occasions necessitate some non-UK based residential work for short periods of time.
- Is self-motivated, has a positive attitude, is a good communicator and has good planning and organising skills. The person must also be a good motivator of others.
- Ideally, but not essential, holds a full, clean, current driving license and a means of transport to commute efficiently and effectively between a number of different locations. A current MIDAS certificate or a commitment to undergo MIDAS training would be required.
- Is approachable, friendly and trustworthy.
- Willing to work as part of a management/staff team.
Has a genuine desire to develop themselves and others and wishes to expand their experience of working with young people and the wider community.
YB Youth Club on Wheels Senior Sessional Staff
£22,874.00 - £24,141.00 pro-rata
Hybrid office/working from home/on site
Wednesday, 18 January 2023