Due to forthcoming retirement, we are recruiting for a board member with a well-rounded experience of financial management in a complex organisation, most likely in a leadership position. The selected candidate will take on the responsibility of Chair of the Audit & Finance Committee.
The person specification for this role is as follows:
- Strong financial management background, managing or overseeing sizeable budgets and operations.
- Understanding of external audit and internal audit processes.
- Qualified accountant with a good understanding of the UK charity sector.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to challenge and question budgets and operational processes.
- Investment experience.
- Knowledge of compliance, legal and regulatory competencies linked to social housing (desirable).
- Board experience is not a requirement, the selected candidate will work closely with the out-going Treasurer for a short period, and we have an induction programme to welcome new trustees.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience.
All applicants will be expected to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. A criminal conviction will not necessarily prevent you from becoming a trustee. The decision will depend on the type of offence and its relevance to the role. If you would like to discuss any convictions you may have, please contact the person named in the advert. All information will be dealt with according to our Data Protection Policy. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a personal statement stating why you wish to join the board of trustees of Julian House, what skills and experience you will bring to the board, directly addressing the person specification, and any other relevant information.
Applicants will be required to attend an interview and provide referees who will be contacted by telephone.
For a confidential discussion about the role and the organisation, please contact Emma Cooke, Chair of the Board of Trustees on 07813 204609, or Helen Bedser, Chief Executive on 07535 519908.
We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you dont miss out!
8 hours per month
Sunday, 30 July 2023