Digital Inclusion Project Coordinator
1-year fixed term contract (with potential to extend, subject to funding)
£23, 660 - £26,845 (dependent on experience)
28 hours per week
Days & Times:
Monday to Friday (hybrid/flexible working permitted)
Responsible to: Ageing Well Programme Lead
Responsible for: Volunteers
The Studio, Alexander House, James Street West, Bath, BA1 2BT
Main Purpose of the Job:
We are looking for an experienced project manager to develop and deliver digital inclusion support and training to people who are inexperienced, anxious, and at risk of digital exclusion.
The aim of our digital inclusion project is to enable older people to maintain their independence and resilience by supporting them to go online to access online health and wellbeing services, increase contact with family and friends, to access information and to undertake transactions.
· Design and deliver Digital Inclusion training sessions; in group settings, one-on-one and during home visitations across Bath and North East Somerset.
· Design and deliver Digital Inclusion Projects in collaboration with other local services across Bath and North East Somerset.
· Manage and support existing Digital Inclusion groups; developing new groups where there is a need for this.
· Manage, support and grow our Tablet Loan Scheme.
· Support the volunteer recruitment process to develop a bank of Digital Champion volunteers to support our digital inclusion work.
· Liaise with other Age UK Bath & North East Somerset services to receive and refer people, where appropriate.
· Contact new people who would like training and complete a person-centred needs assessment, identifying specific goals for each learner.
· Match people to volunteers and manage relationships, ensuring that placements are effective. Resolve any issues arising.
· Develop and strengthen relationships with other local and national organisations in order to deliver a holistic support service.
· Maintain up to date knowledge of online services relevant to older people.
· Identify and manage risks, and promote awareness including staying safe online, data security, & scams awareness.
· Recruit, line manage, train and develop volunteers to fulfil their role requirements.
· Work closely with service leads within Age UK Bath & North East Somerset to provide skill development and ensure cross departmental referrals.
Finance and Administration
· Ensure all personal data is recorded accurately on our database, Salesforce.
· Ensure appropriate records are maintained, any reports to funders are submitted in accordance with requirements. Responding to other reasonable requests for information, as and when required.
· Produce information and reports on performance of the Service as required by the Ageing Well Programme Lead.
· Maximise the use of Digital Systems to ensure the administration of the project is as efficient as possible.
Quality and Service Development
· Using the Digital Inclusion Handbook developed by Age UK National develop an effective and resilient service to cover Bath and NE Somerset.
· Ensure that effective and regular feedback and engagement are in place and suggestions, comments and complaints are recorded, communicated and acted upon.
· Identify and record outcomes to measure the impact of the service.
· Ensure compliance with Age UK National standards and guidelines and any other quality marks in operation.
· Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
· Capture learning and produce an end of project evaluation report.
· To maintain own professional expertise, including attending training as necessary and be subject to supervision and an annual appraisal.
· To attend staff meetings, away days and other similar staff events.
· To ensure all activities are carried out in line with Age UK Bath & North East Somerset’s vision, mission and policies.
· It is the nature of the work that tasks and responsibilities are in many circumstances unpredictable and varied. All employees are expected to work in a flexible way.
· Some meetings and other events may be held out of normal office hours and may involve travel away from the local area.
· The above items outline the main duties and responsibilities of the post and are designed to give an accurate flavour of the nature and scope of this post. However, they do not represent an inclusive list of all the duties required.
· Become familiar with the content of our policies and procedures and ensure that you always work to the requirements.
Education and Training
Literate, numerate and a good standard of written and spoken English
Qualification in teaching / training adults
Technically competent in working with IT devices, specifically Tablets, and recent training in same
Full UK Driving licence and access to a vehicle
Proven working experience of project management
Experience of working in a charity environment
Experience of delivering learning to adults.
Use of Sharepoint, Salesforce
Experience of working with volunteers
IT literate with experience of using databases and spreadsheets, MS Office, Social Media and excellent knowledge of internet use
Experience of monitoring, reporting and evaluating outputs and outcomes
Proven ability to plan and deliver service developments
Knowledge and Skills
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Good organisation skills including attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in addition to ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
Have a good understanding of the needs and issues affecting the independence of older people, including challenges of accessing technology.
Awareness and understanding of Safeguarding
Commitment to, and understanding of equal opportunities
Be innovative, self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision
Equal Opportunities: The postholder will be expected to adhere to the organisation’s Equal Opportunities Policy in all aspects of their work.
Confidentiality: The postholder will be expected to adhere to the organisation’s Confidentiality Policy at all times.
DBS Check: Confirmation of appointment to this post will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check
Digital Inclusion Project Coordinator
£23, 660 - £26,845
Bath & North East Somerset/working from home
Thursday, 18 January 2024