Transition Bath is one of the leading environmental groups in Bath and its surrounds. We are currently looking for a new Chair of the Trustee Board who we expect to:
- buy into the concept that local environmental and climate
action based in and around Bath is desirable, effective and
- act, when necessary, as the public face of Transition Bath
- live or work locally
- be able to work within a flat structure of a volunteer led
organisation that is mainly driven by individuals’ project-
- have time to energetically fulfil the role
- call and chair meetings effectively
In the first instance contact Peter Andrews 07482 544 419 or Nick Abercrombie 07792 649597 for for an initial discussion.
Qualities of a Chair
Has to be a convinced environmental campaigner.
Has to be entrepreneurial.
Has to be prepared to be the ‘public face’ of Transition Bath.
Has to be able to keep a networked, flat and volunteer- led
organization unified, active and purposeful.
Has to be able to run meetings efficiently but with respect.
Has to have the time for the role (two days per week).
Qualities required for the Chair of Transition Bath
1. To buy into the concept that local environmental and
climate action based in and around Bath is desirable, effective
2. To act, when necessary as the public face of TB
3. To call and chair meetings effectively
4. To be able to work within a flat structure of a volunteer led
organisation that is mainly driven by individuals project based
5. To have time to fulfil the role which we estimate as at least 12 hours a week
Chair of Trustees
12 hours a week
Thursday, 29 February 2024