Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We run several projects and every year we help thousands of people out of homelessness, into employment, away from domestic abuse, and more.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Role: Travelling Communities Outreach & Engagement Worker
Salary: £13,464 - £14,287 (Full time equivalent £22,440 - £23,812)
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
- A valid UK driving license and access to own vehicle is essential – business insurance will be required for roles involving travel for work
The successful Travelling Communities Outreach & Engagement Worker will work as part of our Gypsy, Traveller and Boater Outreach and Engagement service, making contact with and supporting the Travelling Communities in Wiltshire, both on the water and roadside.
- Progress and track referrals made into the service.
- Complete new and review, strengths/risk assessments for clients; leading to the delivery of full support plans which meet individual client need. Track and monitor support delivered and its’ impact through review and use of outcome tools.
- Provide clients with information and ensure an enabling service so that the appropriate services can be accessed.
- Maintain client records that are accurate and fully updated using Julian House client record system.
- Undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities
Qualifications / Requirements:
- A valid UK driving license and access to own vehicle – business insurance will be required for roles involving travel for work
- Experience working with vulnerable adults and/or people with complex needs
- IT skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- We encourage applicants with lived experience!
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Sliding salary scale with salary increases every year for the first 3 years
- Wellbeing related support and advice and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 27 after 3 years continuous employment
- 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops
- 20% staff discount at Julian House bike workshops
- A generous and competitive pension scheme
- Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
- 6 weekly Reflective Practice sessions from objective, external facilitators
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you.
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
Travelling Communities Outreach & Engagement Worker
£13,464 - £14,287 (Full time equivalent £22,440 - £23,812)
22.5 hours per week
Monday, 27 February 2023