About the role
The Young Carer Support Officer position is a highly rewarding role, that delivers vital support to vulnerable young people. This critical role will offer direct information, advice and help to young carers across the Bath and North East Somerset area.
The role requires a creative thinker who will empower young carers build their resilience and connect with their peers. The Young Carer Support Officer will be able to develop strong relationships and ensure the young people we help, feel supported.
The role is part-time with negotiable working days and times. On successful completion of probation, the post can be a mixture of office and remote working.
You have experience working with children and young people, in both a one-to-one setting and group work. As an organised and dedicated individual, you can deliver exciting activities that ensure young carers have respite from their caring situation.
You are a great communicator that can manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders and are well-equipped with safeguarding knowledge from using this in practice.
The Carers’ Centre is a local independent charity with a big vision! We want to live in a community where unpaid carers are fully recognised, valued, and supported. By joining The Carers’ Centre, you are joining a team dedicated to helping families across Bath and North East Somerset when they need us most.
We provide trusted information, advice, and support to unpaid carers of all ages, enabling them to maintain or improve their health and wellbeing, stay in control of their caring role, and get connected with others in a similar situation to them. In addition, we work with the wider community to improve recognition and support for unpaid carers.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check and at least two independent references.
We are committed to providing services that embrace diversity and promote equality of opportunity.
Why join us?
- 5% pension contribution after the probationary period.
- Family-friendly policies.
- Generous sickness pay.
- 23 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Additional days leave each year for five years.
- Be part of a friendly team, who always look out for each other.
- Experience a strong collaborative approach to work.
- Flexible working between our Bath office and remotely.
- Access free parking at the office, with beautiful grounds in which to work.
- Utilise a large suite of digital tools to support staff to do their jobs
- Get a great range of discounts through the CarerSmart scheme.
- Know you will make a difference to vulnerable people every day.
- We aim to encourage a culture where everyone’s unique value is recognised.
Young Carer Support Officer
30 hours per week
Hybrid (Bath and remote)
Sunday, 3 September 2023