The Transport driver’s role is to drive one of the minibuses. We expect all drivers to be reliable, punctual and flexible in their approach to the job, covering for colleagues where necessary so as to keep the service to the older people as effective as possible. A friendly and courteous driver provides additional social contact for the passengers and is an important part of their day.
Driving and Passenger Care
· Drive an Age UK Bath & North East Somerset minibus on routes and at times.
· Together with the transport coordinator, work out the routes for collecting people each day to ensure that the service operates effectively and safely.
· Accompany passengers safely from their home to the bus, ensure they get on and are seated safely and comfortably.
· Deal with any discomfort or emergency arising for the passengers during the journey
· Deliver the passengers to the agreed destination on time
· Ensure the passengers are able to get off the bus safely and see that they enter the building that they are delivered to, accompanying them if necessary
· Maintain logs of mileage driven and hours worked
· Keep the vehicle clean inside and out
· Notify the Transport Coordinator of any prosecutions for driving offences incurred whilst an employee
· Notify the Transport Coordinator of any illness or any medication you are taking which may affect your ability to drive safely
· Drive safely, always complying with all regulations of the Highway Code and all legal requirements/parking regulations
· Participate in checking the safety of the vehicles such as checking tyres, tyre pressures, seat belts and deliver the vehicle to service stations for checking as required e.g. brake safety
· When you receive a notification about any concerns about the vehicle arrange for its repair.
· Immediately report all accidents of whatever severity to the Transport Coordinator, or, in their absence, a more senior member of the management team or the Chief Executive
Ensure that the vehicle is kept in the designated storage area and is left secured whenever it is unattended
· Ensure that you attend Manual Handling and First Aid training when requested and that you do not put yourself at risk in any way while carrying out your duties. Bring any matters of concern relating to safety to the attention of your line manager
£18,200 per annum pro rata
0 - 15 hours per week
Bath & North East Somerset
Thursday, 8 September 2022