The Chief Executive will be responsible to the Trustees to promote the aims and objectives of the centre. They will provide the public face for campaigns and build relationships with commissioners, our tenants, third sector partners, key stakeholders media and local businesses. They will play a key role in providing oversight and leadership to the staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Line Management of the Office Manager (Administrative Officer)
1. Oversight of all activities within the Centre, on behalf of the Trustees.
2. Take the lead on developing and implementing a business plan for the ILC to optimise its impact and sustainability
3. Preparation of monthly reports for the Trustees.
4. Oversee relationships with tenants, including management of leases.
5. Work with the Treasurer, to oversee letting of office accommodation and manage income and expenditure within agreed budgets.
6. Liaise with the Chair of the Trustees to prepare the agenda for Trustees meetings.
7. Representing the Centre at meetings with service commissioners, conferences, County Hall meetings, Health and Social Services, other providers and other third sector organisations.
- Liaising with patrons.
- Interviews with media organisations local papers, etc.
- Deliver presentations of the Centre’s work.
8. Support fundraising for projects, in conjunction with the Administrative Officer.
9. Taking a lead on identifying and applying for funding.
10. Developing and implementing a strategy of giving including regular individual giving, sponsorship and legacies.
11. Monitor contract activities and liaise with funders or commissioners.
12. Proactively engage with third sector leads and NHS commissioned community providers.
13. Work with the Administrative Officer to promote the work of the Centre.
14. Work with the Administrative Officer to deal with general correspondence.
15. Liaise with the Trustees to ensure that the activities within the centre meet necessary requirements in respect of Health and Safety and facilities meet the needs of our clients and tenants.
Approximately two days per week.
Regular Management Committee meetings.
Four Trustee meetings per annum (evenings) and an AGM (daytime).
Note: We would like to increase the hours of this post commensurate with the development of our services and will support the CEO to increase fundraised and earned income to achieve this.
£35,000 FTE salary (negotiable), with annual review.
The appointment will be for an initial 24-month period, and is subject to a 6-month probationary period.
All reasonable out of pocket expenses
Substantial management experience in a corporate, health, local government or third sector environment
Experience of contracting and or commissioning services
Track record of effective leadership
Experience of implementing and managing change
Ability to set and managing budgets
Understanding of relevant statutory legislation (health and safety at work, employment law)
Good financial and commercial awareness
Ability to collate complex information, prepare and write reports
Effective networker, communicator and speaker
Good IT skills
OBJECTIVES OF THE INDEPENDENT LIVING CENTRE
To enable people of all ages with any degree of disability to remain independent and live as full lives as possible in their own homes, by allowing them to see and try a wide variety of equipment which can help them in their everyday living.
We provide a service to Wiltshire (except Swindon) and, Bath and North East Somerset. Our clients are referred by community occupational therapists in Social Services and hospitals, GP surgeries, or self-referral. The service is free, and funding comes from Wiltshire County Council (currently via Medequip) and B&NES Council.
The Trustees are responsible for ensuring that the charity meets its legal and statutory obligations. The day-to-day management of the Centre is delegated to a Management Committee made up of the Chairman, Chief Executive, Honorary Treasurer, Buildings Trustee, and Communications Officer.
Charity Number 1000659
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Nigel Harris at email@example.com.
For any further information please visit ilc.org.uk or email Nigel Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chief Executive Officer
Part remote working with base at Semington
Friday, 7 January 2022