Changes Bristol is a mental health charity that provides support for people who suffer mental health difficulties in Bristol and the surrounding area.
An opportunity has arisen for a voluntary role as Chair on our Board of Trustees to help move the charity through our new phase of development. The position can be held by a single person or can be shared as a Co-Chaired position to spread the work load.
We welcome people to apply that have the skills to perform the role, it is not necessary to have done the role previously with another charity. We welcome applications from applicants from a diverse background; people who have lived experience of mental ill health and anyone who can be reflective, supportive and who can collaborate effectively.
About the Charity
Changes Bristol is a mental health charity that provides support for people who suffer poor mental health in Bristol and the surrounding area. We are a growing charity that helps more people with each year that passes with great plans for the future. Over the last few years we have made great strides forward to improve the support we provide, and creating more inclusive services.
We are a peer-led charity, with lived experience of improving mental wellbeing at the core of what we do. We pride ourselves in taking on staff, volunteers and Trustees who have lived experience of poor mental health.
We run 10 in-person weekly peer support groups across Bristol, 10 online weekly peer support groups; one-to-one telephone befriending and a Walk and Talk service. The charity has gradually grown over a 19 year period since 2003 when a group of people with lived experience came together to form our first support group.
About the Role
The main responsibility of the Chair role for Changes Bristol involves providing leadership to Changes Bristol organisation and the board by ensuring that everyone remains focused on the delivery of the organisation’s charitable purposes and supports the development of the charity’s services toward providing a beneficial and sustainable service to our members.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Chairing and facilitating the monthly board meetings
- Supporting the CEO with the running of the charity and act as a channel of communication between board and staff
- Supporting urgent actions and decisions in conjunction with the board and staff
- Leading on the development of the board and ensuring board decisions are implemented
We are looking for someone with some or all of the following skills or experience:
- Strong leadership, people management skills and the ability to chair meetings effectively
- Good, independent judgment
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team, contributing an independent perspective
- Someone who has a commitment to the aims and objectives of Changes Bristol, in promoting it in the best interests of its stakeholders and staff
To apply please go to our website and complete the application form. A full role description is available with more details about the charity. Forward the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chair of board of trustees
5 hours per month
Wednesday, 27 July 2022