Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We run several projects and every year we help thousands of people out of homelessness, into employment, away from domestic abuse, and more.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Role: Programme Manager
Salary: £39,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours
Contract type: 12 months Fixed Term
Location: Can be based in one of our offices inB&NES, Somerset and North Somerset, but would be required to travel across all locations
- Participate in the on-call service rota as required.
- Ability to travel within the region regularly.
Join our growing team at Julian House and be part of something new. We’re looking for a Programme Manager to set up and deliver a brand-new project providing temporary accommodation and support to people on probation and leaving prison. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to work with a passionate team working hard to empower people to turn their lives around.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the service embedding a culture of accountability within team.
- Provide supportive line management and supervision to team members including setting of targets, monitoring, and addressing any performance issues, ensuring monthly supervisions, PDRs and any other reviews as appropriate.
- Build effective and motivated staff teams promoting a positive culture focused on learning and achieving best practice in project delivery.
- Review and understand the contractual obligations for service delivery.
- Draw up the mobilisation and implementation plan in line with contractual requirements.
- Identify the actions required to deliver the plan and work closely with internal staff, external stakeholders and contractors to ensure effective delivery to timescales.
- Set up and develop standard operating procedures for effective service delivery.
- Set up and develop partner relationships, stakeholders and local networks in the regions for service delivery.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- A valid UK driving license and access to own vehicle – business insurance will be required for roles involving travel for work
- Experience working with vulnerable adults and/or people with complex needs
- Experience working within the criminal justice system
- Excellent programme and project management skills with proven track record of successfully delivering contracts and programmes.
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Wellbeing related support and advice and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 27 after 3 years continuous employment
- 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops
- 20% staff discount at Julian House bike workshops
- A generous and competitive pension scheme
- Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
- 6 weekly Reflective Practice sessions from objective, external facilitators
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you.
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
37.5 hours per week
Thursday, 20 April 2023