At Southside we focus our work on children, families and individuals with multiple and complex difficulties. We’re here to help people get the care and support they need, so they enjoy the safety, experiences and opportunities they deserve. Southside was established as an independent charity in 1997, but our roots go back as far as 1984.
Our team of paid and voluntary workers has grown steadily, building a strong reputation for expertise in family work and domestic abuse support.
Through this success, our innovative, flexible and responsive services are now available to children, families and individuals across Bath and North East Somerset (BANES).
We are now looking to recruit for Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA).
The work of the IDVA is distinct in that it assesses the risk a client is in and delivers a service appropriate to the level of risk. IDVAs work proactively within a multi-agency setting to ensure all agencies do their part. The primary focus of their work will be to keep clients safe via their work with survivors and the work of other agencies.
The successful candidate will work at all times within the policies, procedures and ethos of Southside. Specifically the worker will:
- ensure all duties and responsibilities are carried out in a manner which promotes equality and values diversity.
- follow Southside’s Information Governance policies and procedures as defined by the NHS Toolkit.
- abide by Southside’s Confidentiality Policy at all times.
Southside are fully committed to protecting, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and partners to endorse this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure and two references will be requested, followed up in writing and verified by telephone.
- 25 days holiday pro-rata, rising to a maximum of 30 with additional public and bank holidays.
- 4.30pm finish on a Friday.
- Fortnightly supervision, ongoing training and development opportunities.
- Regular team meetings and 1 to 1s.
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued.
- Business mileage allowance.
- On-site parking.
If you feel the job description suits you and you are excited about what Southside has to offer, you will need to complete an application form, equal opportunities form and declaration. For further information on this vacancy and an application pack please go to our website https://south-side.org.uk/opportunities/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal conversation about the position, please call our office on 01225 331243.
Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA)
£24,000 per annum
37.5 hours per week
Office base at Meade House, Wedgwood Road, Bath, BA2 1QN.
Wednesday, 16 August 2023