Help us take this amazing organisation forward!
Bath and North East Somerset Carers’ Centre has 25 years’ experience of supporting unpaid carers of all ages. There are an estimated 25,000 unpaid carers aged from five upwards living in Bath and North East Somerset. In the past 12 months our 25-strong staff team, supported by dedicated volunteers, have supported around 3,000 adult carers and 500 young carers.
BANES Carers’ Centre is based at Woodlands, Bath BA2 9ES.
The aims of the post are:
- To interpret national policy, develop a breadth of vision and provide leadership to the Carers' Centre to enable the achievement of its mission, strategy, and future sustainability.
- To work with key commissioners (including individual major project funders) to ensure the delivery of major contracts/funded projects.
- To develop and maintain appropriate strategic relationships at local, regional and national levels to support the development of the organisation and its activities.
- To be responsible for the management and administration of the organisation, in accordance with the organisation’s delegation of authority from the Board and Trustees policies and procedures.
- Together with the Chair to enable the Board of Trustees to effectively discharge their governance responsibilities and to ensure that they receive the reporting, appropriate advice and information on all relevant matters.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Managed support services within a voluntary, community, statutory or private social care setting.
- Worked with a Trustee Board, Management Committee or equivalent in developing, delivering and reviewing strategies and plans.
- Managed people and teams and provided strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate staff and volunteers to bring people together.
- Represented an organisation externally and influenced both internal and external stakeholders including statutory and non-statutory bodies.
- Input to strategic planning processes and provided the required strategic leadership.
- Evidenced a track record of successful fundraising with an understanding of unpaid carers. Key Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, orally and in writing, including speaking to large audiences.
- Financial management skills and a broad understanding of charity finance issues.
- Good understanding of, and confidence with, IT and digital resources.
- Understanding of charity governance and legal requirements.
The Recruitment Process
Moon Executive Search has been appointed to manage the search for a new Chief Executive. To register your interest, please send a copy of your latest CV or biography together with a supporting statement, explaining your motivations for applying for the role and how your skills, knowledge and experience match the requirements sought.
To ensure fairness to all applicants, any decision to shortlist you for initial telephone screening will be based solely on the information that you supply on your CV/biography and supporting statement. Therefore, it is important you give as much information as possible regarding why you wish to apply and what you think makes you a suitable applicant.
Moon Executive Search is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all areas of society. The Carers’ Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, the successful candidate will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Completed Expressions of Interest should be sent by email to email@example.com quoting reference ‘JO2178’ FAO: Simon Quinn & Sandy Hinks
NB: All direct applications will be forwarded to Moon Executive Search
Deadline: recruitment will continue until the post is filled
Chief Executive Officer
Saturday, 30 October 2021