The Head of Fundraising & Trading will be experienced in many aspects of income generation
through fundraising and ideally, trading. They will be confident in their ability to set and exceed
challenging targets. They will be equipped with a strategic mindset, focus, drive and enthusiasm,
as well as excellent communication and relationship- building skills with colleagues and key
stakeholders. They will act as an inspirational leader, developing and rewarding a high-
performance culture across the team.
Using all these skills and traits, they will create and implement an innovative strategy for BCDH;
one that protects our long-term capability and enhances our present-day impact.
• To prepare and deliver a long-term Fundraising strategy and comprehensive annual plan,
covering all income streams, including but not limited to Trusts, Major Donors, Corporates,
Individual Giving, Events, Community and Legacies, to ensure the growth of sustainable
income for the Home.
• To provide annual budgets and plans with regular financial and performance reports as
requested by the CEO.
• To direct and line-manage the members of the Fundraising and Trading team. Showcasing
inspiring behaviours that develop, coach and motivate team members to achieve and exceed
objectives and targets. Enthusiastically encouraging personal and professional development.
• To lead the Fundraising team to identify new funding opportunities and attend
development/funding meetings as appropriate.
You will be personally responsible for identifying high level networking opportunities and
attending cultivation events to bring new income generation to BCDH, with our passion for
BCDH being reflected within our communities.
• You will have a personal focus on building relationships with Major Donors.
• You will provide leadership and support to the Retail Operations Manager to deliver a Trading
strategy that augments opportunities for income generation through our portfolio of charity
shops and online selling functions. Ensuring profitability of each outlet and identifying and
responding to new opportunities.
• To engage with and identify opportunities for the CEO to beneficially impact on Fundraising
income generation and increased awareness of BCDH and our work.
• Act as a spokesperson for the Home by representing BCDH at external events, internal
activities and in appropriate media. With a personal focus on creating strong internal and
external relationships with senior colleagues, volunteers, and key potential supporters and
• To maintain the BCDH brand ensuring consistency internally and externally and placing
reputation at the heart of all decision making.
• To oversee the management of the Fundraising and Trading databases, ensuring data handling
meets current legislation and industry best practice.
• Oversee contracts and partnerships with suppliers, agencies and other organisations for the
purposes of Fundraising and Trading.
• Ensure good fundraising and stewardship standards wholly stand up to all internal or external
scrutiny, putting excellent supporter care and stewardship at the centre of decision making.
• Work with other Department Heads to ensure an organisational-wide focus on
adopter/supporter care/customer care to encourage long-term support for the Home.
• Encourage effective working relationships between all teams, colleagues, volunteers and
Trustees, to support fundraising work.
Head of Fundraising and Trading
£37,000 - £43,000 pa DoE
Claverton Down Bath
Wednesday, 19 October 2022