Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We run several projects and every year we help thousands of people out of homelessness, into employment, away from domestic abuse, and more.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Role: Client Activities and Involvement Co-ordinator
Salary: £17,952 - £19,050 (Full time equivalent £22,440 - £23,812)
Hours: 30 hours per week
Contract type: Fixed-term contract (18 months)
Work Pattern: Flexible/To be agreed. Work from Home- 1 day per week maximum.
The successful Client Activities and Involvement Co-ordinator will facilitate a programme of service user (SU) led activities, involvement and education, training, employment (ETE) opportunities. You will also identify meaningful activity options across the project areas and support service users to engage with these options, particularly those in addiction recovery. Your offer will engage people who have slept rough on the streets of Bath, who are actively in addiction recovery and who are moving away from leading a street based lifestyle.
- Assist in identification of meaningful occupation activities across Bath & North East Somerset and matching services users either currently homeless or in Julian House supported housing to appropriate and desired options.
- Work with service users, case coordinators (including the women’s mental health worker) and support workers to identify and match individuals to meaningful activity options that progress clients’ personal goals, relieve boredom and assist their recovery from addiction.
- Contribute ideas & work with partner agencies to further develop meaningful occupation activities that address gaps in this provision across Bath & North East Somerset. Managing a small budget to develop and deliver a programme of activities.
- Contribute to developing & establishing other approaches to client involvement.
- Promote meaningful day-to-day activities with all JH residents and connected agencies.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Experience of assessing the level of a person’s life skills & training needs, devising support plans and supporting individual’s in achieving their goals.
- Facilitate the running of a range of activities safely in ways that encourage involvement
- Work flexibly towards creative solutions with clients who have seemingly intractable problems
- Experience of working with people who have experience of homelessness or rough sleeping including people with challenging behaviour (Desirable)
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Wellbeing related support and advice and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops and 20% discount at bike workshops
- A generous and competitive pension scheme
- Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
- Reflective Practice sessions from objective, external facilitators
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about this role, please get in touch with Laura Dawes on 07908496681. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
Client Activities and Involvement Co-ordinator
£17,952 - £19,050 per annum (Full time equivalent £22,440 - £23,812)
30 hours per week
Fixed Term (18 Months)
Friday, 7 October 2022