Job title: Grant/Bid Writer
Full time: 37.5 hours per week
Reporting to: Head of Fundraising
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 (dependant on experience)
Every programme delivered by Bath Rugby Foundation is designed to educate and inspire children and young people to lead healthy lifestyles, have positive relationships and learn the skills they lack to create a better future for themselves, through using sport as a vehicle for social change.
All these programmes require funding, and therefore the need for a Grant/Bid Writer who can demonstrate a proven track record in researching and successfully raising critical funding for programme delivery is what Bath Rugby Foundation requires.
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising, the Grant/Bid Writer will be responsible for preparing and submitting grant applications for both existing and proposed new programmes, as well as all general Fundraising activities.
Application submission and reporting
1. Application and proposal writing for existing and/or proposed new programmes.
2. Ensure all current programme information and data is a true and fair reflection of delivery.
3. Create a strategy to engage with Trusts, Foundations, and statutory bodies to generate circa. £400,00 for programme delivery.
4. Manage donor relationships through providing regular updates and programme reports.
5. Build relationships with colleagues, apprentices, volunteers and other local partner organisations to understand funding requirements, and seek to collaborate on joint applications and programme delivery.
6. To embed monthly co-ordinated meetings with SMT to demonstrate pipeline of funding applications and conversions are being met.
7. Create a gifts strategy to raise unrestricted revenue through Trusts, Foundations (including corporate foundations), and statutory bodies.
8. Foster, maintain and strengthen Bath Rugby Foundation partnerships and relationships with funding providers, key sponsors, and stakeholders.
9. Create a database of major funders within the UK and internationally.
10. Maintain a good working knowledge of a wide range of the Foundation activities and plans, and of social, economic, and cultural contexts, to write compelling research proposals.
11. Meet agreed budgets, objectives and targets involving Trusts and Foundation prospects
12. Track progress of relationships with prospects and donors effectively and comprehensively, ensuring all research, contacts and communications are recorded fully and accurately. Ensure all stakeholders including colleagues and Trustees (as necessary), prospective and existing donors receive timely, appropriate information about the progress and outcome of projects
13. Using tailored and personalised methods, adhere to the highest standards of fundraising best practice and ensure that activities comply with the relevant Data Protection and any other legislation.
N.B. Please note, you may also be required to deliver presentations and updates at regular Senior Management and Trustee meetings.
£28,000 - £32,000 (dependant on experience)
Bath Rec Sports Hub, North Parade Road, Bath BA2 4ET/ Home working
Monday, 28 March 2022