Job title: Communications Manager
Hours: 37 hrs per week
Job location: Hybrid (Bath office and remote)
Responsible to: Deputy CEO / Digital Lead
Responsible for Communications Officer
Are you passionate about making a meaningful impact on the lives of carers and their families? Do you thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment? If so, we have an exciting opportunity as a Communications Manager at The Carers' Centre! As a Communications Manager, you will be at the forefront of shaping our communication strategy and elevating our brand presence. Your role will be integral to our mission, as you collaborate with the Deputy CEO to drive our communication efforts, uphold our brand identity, and engage our audiences effectively.
We're looking for a professional with a keen understanding of user-centred design, adept at delivering diverse stakeholder communications, both online and offline. You will possess expertise in digital communications, with a knack for managing digital platforms and utilizing digital communication tools.
Your ability to plan and execute effective communication campaigns, while adhering to brand guidelines, is crucial. Your superpower lies in gathering information, maintaining composure under pressure, and efficiently managing workloads. Building relationships with stakeholders, including suppliers and team members, is second nature to you. Your exceptional IT skills across various digital tools and platforms, from project management to CMS, make you the ideal candidate for our Communication Manager role.
The Carers’ Centre is a local independent charity with a big vision! We want to live in a community where unpaid carers are fully recognised, valued, and supported. By joining The Carers’ Centre, you are joining a team dedicated to helping families across Bath and North East Somerset when they need us most.
We provide trusted information, advice, and support to unpaid carers, from as young as 5 years old. We enable our community to maintain and improve their health and wellbeing, stay in control of their caring role and connect with others in a similar position. In addition, we work with the wider community to improve recognition and support for unpaid carers.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check and at least two independent references. We are committed to providing services that embrace diversity and promote equality of opportunity.
Why join us?
· We want our employees to have more control over their work/life balance, that’s why we offer flexible start and finish times, as well as the ability to enjoy our beautiful riverside office which come with free parking, and to work from the comfort of your home.
· With work/life balance in mind and the many caring roles we know people can experience, we make sure our policies work for families.
· By joining The Carers’ Centre, you’ll be part of strong and dedicated team, where collaboration and support is at the heart. We’re all in this to make the world a little better.
· As a small but powerful local charity, we rely on digital innovation. You’ll have access to a large suite of digital tools to support you to make the biggest impact in your role.
· As well as all this, you will receive a 5% pension contribution, generous sickness pay and 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays and discounts through an employee discount scheme. In addition, you will also get an additional day of leave each year, for 5 years. To apply for this exciting opportunity, send your Application Form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 9am Wednesday, 11th October – Please note that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early, so we encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Interview Date: 17th Octobe
37hours per week
Hybrid (Bath office and remote)
Wednesday, 11 October 2023