Aims of the Post:
1. Promote and support the effective development of Healthwatch, including by ensuring that all development activities are carefully chosen to deliver against the relevant project KPIs
2. Support the team manager to develop a network of contacts and partners across BaNES
3. Promote the participation and engagement of the community in the work of Healthwatch to ensure its volunteers and activities reflect the broad range of equalities groups, communities of interest and local geography
4. Seek out, include and co-produce initiatives with diverse communities who are less represented at a system level.
5. Contribute to website, Facebook and Twitter updates, newsletters, e-bulletins, briefings, reports and information sheets on behalf of Healthwatch
1. Participation and engagement
1.1. In conjunction with the team manager, publicise, convene and facilitate meetings to ensure participants are empowered to influence developments within health and social care
1.2. Plan and promote opportunities to enable participation and engagement by supporting the dissemination of information and gathering feedback, which should be entered in the content management system
1.3. Plan and implement outreach work to provide focused engagement with communities with worse health outcomes, and encourage participation in a network of hyper-local community groups across BaNES.
1.4. Identify and implement alternative methods of communication to reach those members of the community who may be unable to attend regular meetings but who still want to participate in other ways.
1.5. In line with the contract specification, and under the guidance of the team manager, deliver engagement activities which contribute to the priorities and workstreams of local statutory organisations, such as BaNES local authority
1.6. Work with the team manager to set up and maintain effective networks.
2. Information and signposting
2.1. Ensure that all stakeholders including voluntary sector and community groups link in with Healthwatch Bath and North East Somerset by making contact and building relationships
2.2. On occasion, provide telephone coverage for the signposting and information service, including out of hours
2.3. Ensure that the information and marketing worker receives necessary information, including information regarding local events, and signposting opportunities and intelligence
3.1. Act at all times as a positive and proactive ambassador for The Care Forum and all its services
3.2. Work within the aims and objectives, key values, anti-discriminatory and equal opportunities framework and other policies of The Care Forum
3.3. Work within the wider staff team of The Care Forum, attend staff meetings and participate in training opportunities appropriate to the post
3.4. Be motivated and flexible and use your organisational skills to plan your own workload within the priorities and goals set by your manager
3.5. Be aware of priorities in own work and those of the wider organisation in order to be flexible to meet the overall needs of the organisation
3.6. Carry out additional duties, in consultation with the relevant managers, as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post
3.7. Travel as required in connection with this post.
Healthwatch Bath and North East Somerset Development Officer
NJC 15-22 ( £23,541 – £27,041 pro-rata)
22.5 hours Per Week
Monday, 13 December 2021