About the role
The Carers’ Centre is seeking a Support Officer to join our dedicated Support Line team. By joining the Support Line team, you will be in a key position to empower carers of all ages to access support they need, as well offer vital advice to those around them.
You will provide essential information and advice to enable people to deal with their individual caring situation. With excellent communication and time-management skills you will respond to enquiries in a timely manner over the phone, through email and online. You will also support people in person at our offices, at community venues or on home visits.
With 1 in 8 people across the UK caring today, this number is set to grow by 60% over the next 10 years. This role is key in providing life-changing services to unpaid carers across Bath and North East Somerset.
You will be an empathetic individual, keen to make a difference to the lives of carers. You will be collaborative and be eager to build strong relationships with the team and external partners.
We would love to hear from you if you:
· Are considerate, and can provide in-depth support to carers who may have specific or multiple caring issues to resolve
· Can help people with complex needs access the right support
· Have a friendly and compassionate manner
· Will work collaboratively with other organisations at the Compassionate Communities Hub and build strong networks with partners.
The Carers’ Centre is a local independent charity with a big vision! We want to live in a community where unpaid carers are fully recognised, valued and supported. By joining The Carers’ Centre, you are joining a team dedicated to helping families across Bath and North East Somerset when they need us most.
We provide trusted information, advice and support to unpaid carers of all ages, enabling them to maintain or improve their health and wellbeing, stay in control of their caring role and get connected with others in a similar situation to them. In addition, we work with the wider community to improve recognition and support for unpaid carers.
Why you should join us:
· Be part of a friendly team, who always look out for each other
· Experience a strong collaborative approach to work
· Choose to work remotely or at the office (or a mix of the two)
· Access free parking at the office, with beautiful grounds in which to work
· Utilise a large suite of digital tools to support staff to do their jobs
· Get a great range of discounts through the CarerSmart scheme
· Know you will make a difference to vulnerable people every day
· We aim to encourage a culture where everyone’s unique value is recognised
Download a job pack from our website: https://www.banescarerscentre.org.uk/about-us/join-our-team
Bath & North East Somerset
Saturday, 18 June 2022