Empower unpaid carers of all ages to access support in the local area.
You will work with unpaid carers to provide information and advice and enable people to deal with their individual caring situation.
Your role will involve making outgoing/email/web contacts within an agreed time frame, responding to their enquiries. This will be provided both on our support line and via the community centre hub.
Some home visits may also be required
Key aims of the post
· Provide information, advice and support to carers by telephone, email and online.
· Navigate carers with complex needs to the right support.
· Provide in-depth support to carers who have specific and multiple caring issues to resolve.
· Work face-to-face with carers at our Centres and at community venues to help them create personalised support plans.
· Work collaboratively with other organisations at the Compassionate Communities Hub and building strong networks with partners.
We are a local independent charity with a big vision - we want to live in a community where unpaid carers get fully recognised, valued and supported.
We use the term ‘unpaid carer’ to describe anyone who cares, without payment, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, ageing, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support. There are an estimated 25,000 unpaid carers aged five and above living in Bath and North East Somerset.
We provide trusted information, advice and support to unpaid carers of all ages, enabling them to maintain or improve their health and wellbeing, stay in control of their caring role and get connected with others in a similar situation to them. In addition, we work with the wider community to improve recognition and support for unpaid carers.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory a Disclosure and Barring Service check and at least two independent references.
We are committed to providing services which embrace diversity and that promote equality of opportunity.
For a Job Pack please visit our website:
The Carers Centre / Home Working / Community
Saturday, 23 April 2022