Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We run several projects and every year we help thousands of people out of homelessness, into employment, away from domestic abuse, and more.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Role: Prison Resettlement Worker
Salary: £23,240 per year
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract type: Fixed term contract until 31/01/24
Location: Based at our Kingswood office with travel around South Gloucestershire
- A driving license and access to a vehicle with business insurance is required for this role
- On-call (1 in 4 weeks), £100/week when on-call
The successful Prison Resettlement Worker will deliver a person-centred, wrap-around outreach support service, actively case-working complex needs and vulnerable housed individuals to prevent rough sleeping amongst prison leavers.
- Establish supportive, trusting and professional relationships with clients.
- Empower clients to take responsibility and to develop their skills, confidence and resilience.
- Respond promptly to referrals and enquiries to the service within defined timescales.
- Engage proactively with HMP Bristol, HMP Eastwood Park, HMP Leyhill, HMP Cardiff and other prison resettlement services, to establish effective partnership working and provide pathways of support for people who are at risk of homelessness upon release.
- To maintain complete, accurate and up to date Julian House Inform system data base client records.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Experience working with vulnerable adults and/or people with complex needs
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system, prison leaver resettlement and or Housing Options process
- A valid UK driving licence and access to own vehicle - business insurance will be required for roles involving travel to work
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Sliding salary scale with salary increases every year for the first 3 years
- Wellbeing related support and advice and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- 27 days annual leave, including an extra day off for your birthday, increasing up to 30 days after 4 years of continuous employment
- 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops
- 20% staff discount at Julian House bike workshops
- A generous and competitive pension scheme
- Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
- 6 weekly Reflective Practice sessions from objective, external facilitators
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you.
We welcome applications from people with lived experience. All applicants working with our clients will be expected to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. A criminal conviction will not necessarily prevent you from becoming an employee, the decision will depend on the type of offence and its relevance to the role. If you would like to discuss any convictions you may have, please contact the person named in the advert. All information will be dealt with according to our Data Protection Policy.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about the Prison Resettlement role, please get in touch with Laura Dawes (Resourcing Assistant) on 07908496681. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
Prison Resettlement Worker
£23,240 per year
37.5 hours per week
Fixed term contract until 31/01/24
Friday, 1 September 2023