Job title: Warehouse Supervisor
Reporting to: Deputy Warehouse Manager
Salary: £20,814 per annum
Term: Permanent, 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), 5% pension contribution
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (operating hours between 7.30am - 8pm depending on shift pattern, including evening shifts and potential for weekend work)
Responsible for: Volunteers
Location: Based mainly from our central Bristol depot at Little Ann Street, BS2 9EB but with some work at FareShare South West other depots in South Bristol.
About FareShare South West:
FareShare South West (FSSW) is part of the national FareShare UK (FSUK) network of surplus food redistribution charities.
We fight food poverty by tackling food waste. We source quality surplus food – from food retailers, manufacturers, and suppliers – engaging volunteers to redistribute to local charities and community groups that provide meals to vulnerable people (individuals who are homeless, unemployed, socially isolated, recovering from addictions, etc.). Our food is a vital lifeline for children and families, people on low incomes, people who have lost their jobs, the homeless, refugees, domestic abuse survivors, the elderly, and keyworkers.
Purpose of the post
Working with the Warehouse Manager and the warehouse team to effectively support the warehouse operation, incoming goods, storage and dispatch of goods to Community Food Members (CFMs) receiving surplus food from FareShare Southwest - to high levels of compliance and service. This role will include management of a large and diverse team of volunteers throughout the week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Working with the warehouse team, ensure the smooth running of food intake, storage and food distribution. Liaising with food industry representatives, FareShare UK (FSUK), distribution companies and hauliers.
• Support the warehouse team in coordinating and maintaining the fleet of vans and machinery used.
• Ongoing support to the warehouse team and Head of Compliance to ensure high levels of compliance in the warehouse throughout the year and for internal/external audits.
• Alongside the warehouse team and Regional Manager, reduce waste and maximise the distribution of surplus food to CFMs.
• Report to Deputy Warehouse Manager with operational improvements to increase efficiency and implement agreed changes.
• Manage (under the direction of the Deputy Warehouse Manager) teams of volunteers, delegating/assigning tasks, and supervising work to ensure all tasks completed effectively.
• Ensure all warehouse volunteers are effectively supported and trained for allocated tasks and that they have the opportunity to develop.
• Supporting the volunteers’ health, safety and welfare during their shift.
• Coordinate corporate volunteer programmes and delivery, with support from the wider FSSW team.
Goods In and Storage
• Follow FSSW Goods in procedures including liaising with suppliers, completing relevant paperwork, using inhouse software and fork-lifting duties.
• Ensure pickable and non-pickable areas are ready to receive goods in and dispatch orders at all times.
• Manage storage of stock within the warehouse, including:
Assisting with stock checks
Ensuring effective stock rotation and sharing best practice
• Oversee the dispatch of goods through deliveries and collections ensuring all FSSW procedures are followed.
• Liaise with the wider FSSW team and FSUK to report quality, quantities and other issues.
Compliance and Health & Safety
• Operate according to the FareShare HACCP Food Safety Manual.
• Support the Deputy Warehouse Manager to ensure compliance with relevant Food Hygiene, Health & Safety and other standards applicable to FareShare premises, vehicles, refrigeration equipment, staff and volunteers.
• Ensure the warehouse complies with FareShare standards and processes as per the FSSW Warehouse Manual.
• Undertake relevant training in Food Hygiene and Health & Safety as required.
• Respond to/answer any enquiries/communications via telephone, email, in person or via inhouse IT/systems.
• Be willing to receive and engage positively with any visitors to the warehouse.
• Support FSSW events.
• Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be required in support of the main purpose of the role, including liaising with the wider FSSW team.
• Uphold high quality customer care and standards of conduct when dealing with all stakeholders and the general public.
• Ensure the security of the FSSW Regional Centre and all assets located within it, including food.
• Driving and fork-lifting duties where appropriate.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
• Ability to develop, initiate and maintain systems and procedures
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good administrative and organisational ability
• Problem solver and competent decision maker
• Full UK driving licence
• IT competent and able to use various IT platforms/systems
• A clear commitment to the ethos of FareShare South West, and to the agreed plans of the organisation, and able to positively contribute towards its achievement
• Experience and knowledge of adhering to health and safety standards within a warehouse operation
• Forklift truck operator’s qualification (or willing to train as an essential part of the role)
Desirable knowledge, skills & experience
• 1 years’ experience of working in warehousing operations
• Voluntary sector experience
• Experience of working with people who require support
• Experience of working within a food operation
• Qualification in Food & Hygiene Level 2
• Experience of supervising/managing staff and/or volunteers and delegating tasks
• Experience of delivering training
Please submit your CV & Covering Letter to email@example.com by midday, 12th January
If you need additional support with your application or would like more information, please contact Sophie Pike or Simon Jarvis on 0117 954 2220
Warehouse Supervisor at FareShare South West
37.5 hours per week
Based mainly from Unit 2, Little Ann Street, Bristol BS2 9EB but with some work at FareShare South West other Bristol warehouses
Thursday, 12 January 2023