Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We are currently seeking a like-minded and enthusiastic Criminal Justice Casework Coordinator to join our team on a full-time basis.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Role: Casework Coordinator – Criminal Justice
Salary: £22,440 - £23,812
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Kingswood office - however this role requires frequent travel around South Gloucestershire
- On-call (1 in 4 weeks), £100/week when on-call
- This role requires the candidate to have a car (Parking paid if visiting different projects during the working day)
The role -
Based within our Criminal Justice team, the successful Casework Coordinator will work closely with key partner agencies such as the National Probation Service, Police and other criminal justice and generic support services. You’ll offer person-centred keywork sessions to our service users, assessing and supporting them to maintain accommodation and make positive changes in their life. You’ll proactively manage the overall safety and security of buildings, and ensure any maintenance issues are identified and addressed quickly.
- Ensure that all clients are provided with a high-quality person-centred service which takes a strength-based and trauma-informed approach.
- Ensure clients views and feedback influence the design and delivery of the service.
- Ensure all clients in the service are aware of their rights and responsibilities.
- Ensure the service meets targets set out in the contract specification, as well as internal Key Performance Indicators and compliance.
- Keep our client database up to date with key confidential information.
Qualifications / Requirements -
- A valid UK driving license and access to own vehicle – business insurance will be required for roles involving travel for work
- Health and Social Care qualification an advantage but not required
- Experience working with people who have experienced homelessness and socially excluded people and working as part of a team in a housing, social or health care setting (desirable)
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Sliding salary scale with salary increases every year for the first 3 years
- Wellbeing related support and advice and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 27 after 3 years continuous employment
- 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops
- 20% staff discount at Julian House bike workshops
- A generous and competitive pension scheme
- Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
- 6 weekly Reflective Practice sessions from objective, external facilitators
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from a broad range of applicants from all backgrounds and cultures, including minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact HR@julianhouse.org.uk
Get in touch
If you have any questions about the Criminal Justice Casework Coordinator role, please get in touch with Laura Dawes (Resourcing Assistant) on 07908496681. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
Criminal Justice Casework Coordinator
£22,440 - £23,812
37.5 hours per week
Friday, 24 February 2023