Time Bank Plus are looking for a proactive, organised and enthusiastic person with a well-rounded skillset to help manage our small charity, deliver a varied work programme and co-create the vision which will guide us over the next 5 years.
About the role
The Co-Manager role is a fantastic opportunity to help shape the future of the Time Bank in creative and innovative ways. You will join the current Manager at the helm of this small, dynamic local charity, sharing responsibility for the operational management, co-ordination and administration of the Time Bank and its associated projects.
This shared role includes co-ordination of the existing work programme, planning and development of new areas of work, recruitment and supervision of volunteers, line management of other staff members, responsibility for outreach and partnership work, servicing of the Time Bank Plus Management Committee & Trustees and ensuring the Time Bank office is staffed during opening hours. The Managers are also responsible for planning and carrying out an active programme of fundraising and for managing the organisation’s finances.
The new post-holder will take an active part in the forthcoming Strategic Review of the organisation, working in conjunction with local residents and the TB+ Management Committee.
You will be one of those rare people who combine great people skills with equally excellent organisational skills. Flexibility, resilience, resourcefulness and the ability to relate to a wide range of people will be very helpful qualities.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience of managing & delivering a community-based project
- Understand issues around disadvantage, accessibility, equality & diversity
- Are able to empower others and encourage participation
- Can plan and write succinct and well-structured reports
- Have been involved in planning & developing an initiative or service
Time Bank Plus is a small, independent locally based charity which has been operating in Twerton, Whiteway and surrounding areas of B&NES since 2005. Our programme of work is varied and generally includes a range of community-based groups, courses, activities & events, longer term projects such as our lunch club, food co-op and ‘Borrow it’ library of things and one-to-one help and support on a more traditional timebanking basis. The current newsletter outlines our main activities at the present time.
Why you should join us:
- Exciting opportunity to be involved in shaping the Time Bank into the future
- Flexible shared role, enabling each person to make the most of their particular skillset
- Wonderful, willing pool of volunteers
- The Time Bank is well established, known and trusted within the local community
- Excellent location with a shopfront on the High Street
- Great local network of 3rd sector organisations
Download an application pack here
£28,000 pa pro rata
17.5 pw (0.5 FTE)
Saturday, 16 July 2022