Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We run several projects and every year we help thousands of people out of homelessness, into employment, away from domestic abuse, and more.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Role: Relief Evening Support Worker
Salary: £14.50 per hour
Hours: 20:00 PM - 01:00 AM
Contract type: Relief, zero hours
Location: Shepton Mallet, Mendip
- On-call (1 in 4 weeks), £100/week when on-call
The successful candidate will be joining our Mendip Off the Street service, providing high quality direct support and housing management to homeless people with the aim to ensure that clients move-on sustainably to greater independence within defined timescales.
- Delivery of a high-quality off the street accommodation service for individuals rough sleeping across Mendip
- Give clients advice, information and provide an enabling service
- Build positive and effective working relationships
- Maintain the safety and security of the property ensuring clients safety
- Actively ensure the security of the building, monitoring CCTV and conduct patrols at regular intervals
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Experience working with vulnerable adults and/or people with complex needs
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Annual leave entitlement paid for each hour worked, included in hourly rate
- 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops
- 20% staff discount at Julian House bike workshops
- A real sense of job satisfaction
- Great opportunities for career development
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you.
We welcome applications from people with lived experience. All applicants working with our clients will be expected to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. A criminal conviction will not necessarily prevent you from becoming an employee, the decision will depend on the type of offence and its relevance to the role. If you would like to discuss any convictions you may have, please contact the person named in the advert. All information will be dealt with according to our Data Protection Policy.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about Relief Evening Support Worker role, please get in touch with Dannielle on 07690 142 019 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
Relief Evening Support Worker
£14.50 per hour
Relief hours, Mon - Sun, 20:00 PM - 01:00 AM
Relief, Zero Hours
Sunday, 19 November 2023