We are looking to recruit an experienced social worker to join our dynamic and expanding Family Support Team.
This is an opportunity for a dynamic and creative individual to help lead the team into the future in line with the Dorothy House strategy.
As Senior Social Worker and Safeguarding Lead you will lead, manage and develop the social work provision to all patients and families supported by Dorothy House. You will work as part of a Multi-Disciplinary Team to provide compassionate care and support for people in our community with a life-limiting illness, focusing always on quality of life, helping patients to live well and die well.
Dorothy House is here for anyone in our community who’s facing a life-limiting illness. Using our full breadth of service, we create individual care journeys which start at diagnosis and continue with bereavement support for family, carers and children.
SENIOR SOCIAL WORKER AND SAFEGUARDING LEAD | Band 7 £41,659 - £47,672 per annum
- To lead and manage the social work provision to all patients and family supported by Dorothy House
- To manage a team of experienced social workers
- To act as Professional Safeguarding Lead (Adults and Children) for DHHC and the organisational lead for the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, providing advice and guidance to colleagues.
- To hold a caseload of patients and families with significant social, practical and emotional complex needs.
- To undertake pre-bereavement support work with carers and families, planning and managing handover with the Bereavement Co-ordinator as and when appropriate.
- To work as part of the multidisciplinary team across all areas of hospice care.
- To represent Social Work within Dorothy House and externally.
- To keep up to date with national agendas and relevant professional developments, analyse their impact on DHHC and formulate plans to address these.
- Deliver responsive and high quality social work support to patients and families.
- To have an active, therapeutic role in supporting patients, families and carers (together or individually as appropriate) as they adjust to new and changing situations and prepare for loss.
- To ensure that DHHC’s Safeguarding and MCA policies, procedures and training plans are robust, fit for purpose, reviewed and updated in line with DHHC policy review guidance and national guidelines.
- To organise and purchase care (with reference to the budget holder) for patients and families needing support at home or a nursing home placement.
- To work with the Bereavement Service Co-ordinator when a patient dies to ensure an appropriate handover to the Bereavement service volunteers when appropriate.
See our full detailed Job Description on our website for more information.
HOURS OF WORK
This is a full time position. You will be contracted to work 37.5 hours over 5 days. (Monday – Friday)
Excellent communication skills
Experience of working with adults in a social work role
Experience and/or insight into working with adults and children experiencing loss
Full UK driving licence plus assess to a vehicle
Holder of a prfessional social work qualifation
Degree level education
Experience in a health and/or social care setting in a senior role
Knowledge of social care legislation and policy frameworks
Experience of developing & implementing equality of access policies and procedures in service development
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
Dorothy House is an incredible place to work, these are just a few of our benefits that we offer to our staff:
Generous holiday allowance for all roles, increasing with length of service
Fantastic refer a friend scheme
Excellent industry leading training and development programmes with many career development opportunities
Pension with Life Assurance
Travel and parking - We offer 45p per mile (currently enhanced due to fuel costs) for work travel. There is unlimited free parking in Winsley.
Cycle to work scheme
Employee Counselling and Mindful Employer Charter – providing our staff with information, advice and support for those experiencing stress, anxiety, depression or any other mental health conditions.
Simply Health - Providing insurance against certain everyday healthcare costs such as dental and optical treatments.
If this sounds like your ideal job, then we’d love to see your application.
Please note that our vacancies can close at any time once sufficient applications have been received. We therefore encourage early submission of your application.
Senior Social Worker and Safeguarding Lead
Band 7 £41,659- £47,672 per annum
37.5 hours over 5 days (Monday-Friday)
Wednesday, 31 May 2023