Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We run several projects and every year we help thousands of people out of homelessness, into employment, away from domestic abuse, and more.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Role: Housing Night Concierge
Salary: £18,521 to £19,384
Hours: 4 on 4 off, 7 PM - 3 AM
Contract type: Permanent
- This role involves weekend and bank holiday working
- You will work on a 4 on 4 off basis
The purpose of the post is to provide an on-site presence at supported accommodation owned or leased by Julian House, which includes waking cover overnight and at weekends, between hours specified by the Service Manager. The post will generally be lone working providing a presence when support staff are not on site to ensure the safety and security of the building and occupants, which is also conducive to cohesive neighbour and community relations.
- To maintain the safety and security of the building and its facilities therefore ensuring the adequacy of the accommodation is not compromised for clients
- Where applicable, to provide a first point of contact for the ‘on call’ system, to ensure that clear and concise information is detailed to the ‘on call support worker’
- To supervise the entry and exiting of the building, for the purpose of security and safety of tenants
- To maintain full and accurate log of events during the shift, for the purpose of clear and concise communication to service colleague
- To actively ensure the security of the building, monitoring CCTV and patrolling at regular intervals.
- In the absence of cleaning staff, to carry out cleaning duties of all common areas and vacant rooms
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Experience working with vulnerable adults and/or people with complex needs
- Experience in a similar overnight role is preferred but not required as full training will be given
- As shifts may involve travel between different properties in Bath, having a driving license and access to your own vehicle is desirable (but not required). If using your own vehicle, business insurance will be required.
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Sliding salary scale with salary increases every year for the first 3 years
- Wellbeing related support and advice and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 27 after 3 years continuous employment
- 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops
- 20% staff discount at Julian House bike workshops
- A generous and competitive pension scheme
- Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
- 6 weekly Reflective Practice sessions from objective, external facilitators
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about the Night Concierge role, please get in touch with Laura Dawes (Resourcing Assistant) on 07908496681. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
Housing Night Concierge
£18,521 to £19,384
4 on 4 off, 7PM - 3AM
Wednesday, 12 April 2023