Can you help take our charity forward and make a difference for unpaid carers?
We are seeking a strong and passionate Chair to lead our Board of Trustees and work closely with the CEO to shape the charity’s future direction.
Bath and North East Somerset Carers’ Centre is an established charity working to ensure local unpaid carers are fully recognised, valued and supported. We provide information, advice and support directly to unpaid carers of all ages and work with our wider BaNES community to raise awareness to create carer-friendly community.
We are at an exciting stage as we transform using digital and data extend our reach. You will be able to commit an average of 4 hours each week, including the chairing of quarterly Board meetings.
The ideal person will have:
- A strong desire to make a difference to the lives of unpaid carers
- The ability to inspire confidence
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship-building ability
- Experience of chairing meetings and events and allowing everyone to have a voice
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead change
- Good listening skills and able to motivate people
What we offer
- An opportunity to develop and exercise leadership, strategic planning and governance skills working with a fantastic team of volunteers and staff.
- Ways for you to ‘give something back’ by applying your lived experience, knowledge, skills and experience in helping us to be more effective.
- Connection to the wider third sector and its community of supporters.
The role of a Chair is unpaid. However, expenses are reimbursed in line with the Carers’ Centre’s volunteer expense policy.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check and at least two independent references.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Chair of Trustees
Unpaid position - expenses only
Average 4 hours per week
Thursday, 29 July 2021