Under the direction of the Youth Club on Wheels Lead, promote appropriate programmes which will encourage the personal, social and informal educational development of the members who attend the Club.
You will work in collaboration with internal and external colleagues and other organisations from a variety of sectors with the aim of delivering fulfilling, exciting and engaging sessions for young people. Work collectively as part of a team to ensure maximisation of the YCOW in various settings. Support the YCOW lead to design and deliver a programme of high-quality open access and social action in a variety of communities and settings throughout the Greater Bristol area.
Most of all you’ll believe in the power of good youth work and you’ll be absolutely committed to children and young people, ensuring that they can make the most of the opportunities that YB has to offer.
· In liaison with the YCOW Club Lead, assist on Club evening(s) and occasional weekends by planning and organising an appropriate and relevant Club programme that is predominately member led.
· To promote and encourage member participation, decision making and responsibility amongst the membership.
· To develop understanding of key needs and priorities of members and form appropriate professional relationships with members.
· To deliver support, advice and guidance using best practice in such areas as sexual health, drugs/alcohol, C- card, Health and Well-Being etc.
· To attend staff meetings and training sessions as deemed necessary by the Senior Youth Worker or Management Committee.
· To take positive steps to counter discrimination, however and wherever it occurs.
· Under the direction of the Senior Youth Worker, administer all monies raised and disbursed by the Club in accordance with the Clubs policies and procedures and to undertake any administration as is necessary for the smooth operation of the Club and/or programme.
· To assist with organising, coordinating and supervising fundraising activities of the Club.
· To assist the Club with working towards acquiring Quality Assurance Accreditation.
· To carry out such other duties as may be requested by the YCOW Club Lead or Senior Management Team.
NOTE: The above only contains the principal accountabilities relating to this post and does not describe in detail all the duties required to carry them out.
The person suited to this new post will demonstrate that they:
- Have an understanding of the aims and principles of Youth Work. A willingness to complete professional Youth Work qualifications is advantageous.
- Able to provide members with enjoyable, stimulating and challenging experiences.
- Can support members with appropriate information, advice, support and challenge and refer them to specialist help when required.
- Able to establish and maintain positive, professional relationships with members, including agreeing limits of acceptable behaviour.
- Ability to use a variety of approaches to engage members and ensure their voice is heard and where appropriate and possible acted upon.
- Commitment to equalities and anti-discriminatory working practice.
- Prepared to work evenings and occasional weekends.
- Have a flexible approach to work as evening, school holiday and some weekend. Residential work will be involved. Note: This role may on occasions necessitate some non-UK based residential work for short periods of time.
- Is self-motivated, has a positive attitude, is a good communicator and has good planning and organising skills. The person must also be a good motivator of others.
- Ideal, but not essential, holds a full, clean, current driving license and a means of transport to commute efficiently and effectively between a number of different locations. A current MIDAS certificate or a commitment to undergo MIDAS training would be required.
- Is approachable, friendly and trustworthy.
Has a genuine desire to develop themselves and others and wishes to expand their experience of working with young people and the wider community.
YB Youth Club on Wheels Sessional Staff
£17,901.00 - £22,874.00 pro-rata
Wednesday, 18 January 2023