Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We run several projects and every year we help thousands of people out of homelessness, into employment, away from domestic abuse, and more.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Role: Team Administrator
Salary: £11,150 per annum (FTE £22,300)
Hours: 18.75 hours per week, over 5 days
Contract type: permanent
Location: Can be based in one of our offices in B&NES, Somerset and North Somerset
We’re looking for an experienced Administrator to provide support to our new and growing team. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to work with a passionate team working hard to empower people to turn their lives around.
- Provide accurate reports and service records for the management team and external partners as required.
- Manage and maintain information systems, including SharePoint, to help team members access accurate and up-to-date information about a wide range of services and activities.
- Reporting on regular and ad-hoc data requests from external sources, mainly the service commissioners.
- Maintaining petty cash records.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of using databases both to input and extract information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- At least two years of administrative experience in a relevant setting
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Wellbeing related support and advice and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 27 after 3 years continuous employment
- 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops
- 20% staff discount at Julian House bike workshops
- A generous and competitive pension scheme
- Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
- 6 weekly Reflective Practice sessions from objective, external facilitators
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you.
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
£11,150 per annum (Full time equivalent £22,300)
18.75 hours per week, over 5 days
Friday, 12 May 2023