The Development Manager (Philanthropy and Fundraising) position heralds a new chapter at The Carers' Centre, empowering you to spearhead income generation for our forward-thinking local charity. In this pivotal role you’ll champion the quest for fresh streams of unrestricted income, nurture vital income sources and foster an array of invaluable relationships. In collaboration, you will develop key KPI’s for new income generation streams.
We are on the hunt for a visionary strategist who thrives on collaboration. Someone who's committed to securing The Carers Centre’ long term sustainability, ensuring a brighter future for unpaid carers. As the philanthropy and fundraising manager, you'll be tasked with cultivating strong donor relationships and assembling a dynamic fundraising team propelling the charity towards increased income.
With a proven record in the realms of philanthropy and fund raising, you’ll have the knack for crafting compelling results driven proposals that resonate with donors and funders alike. Your prowess as a skilled communicator allows you to expertly forge tailored relationships with a diverse array of stakeholders - whether in the digital sphere or face to face encounters.
As an expert in organisation, you possess the capability to conceive and execute concrete income generation strategies with finesse. Your understanding of fundraising legislation equips you with the knowledge needed to navigate the intricacies of this field. In short, you're the dynamo we need to help drive our mission forward.
The Carers’ Centre is a local independent charity with a big vision! We want to live in a community where unpaid carers are fully recognised, valued, and supported. By joining The Carers’ Centre, you are joining a team dedicated to helping families across Bath and North East Somerset when they need us most.
We provide trusted information, advice, and support to unpaid carers of all ages, enabling them to maintain or improve their health and wellbeing, stay in control of their caring role, and get connected with others in a similar situation to them. In addition, we work with the wider community to improve recognition and support for unpaid carers.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check and at least two independent references.
We are committed to providing services that embrace diversity and promote equality of opportunity.
Why join us?
- We want our employees to have more control over their work/life balance, that’s why we offer flexible start and finish times, as well as the ability to enjoy our beautiful riverside office which come with free parking, and to work from the comfort of your home.
- With work/life balance in mind and the many caring roles we know people can experience, we make sure our policies work for families.
- By joining The Carers’ Centre, you’ll be part of strong and dedicated team, where collaboration and support is at the heart. We’re all in this to make the world a little better.
- As a small but powerful local charity, we rely on digital innovation. You’ll have access to a large suite of digital tools to support you to make the biggest impact in your role.
- As well as all this, you will receive a 5% pension contribution, generous sickness pay, 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays and discounts through an employee discount scheme. In addition, you will also get an additional day of leave each year, for 5 years.
Development Manager (Philanthropy and Fundraising)
£31,783.78 (FTE £42,000)
28 per week
Hybrid (Bath office and remote)
Monday, 27 November 2023