The Lunch Club Co-ordinator will work alongside, co-ordinate and support a small group of volunteers in providing a 2-course cooked meal and a varied programme of activities to older residents in the Twerton area. Volunteers play an important part in this project and direction will also be provided by a small steering group comprising volunteers, Lunch Club members & staff.
Tasks will include:
· Recruiting, supporting and working alongside volunteers to facilitate and oversee the operational management of the lunch club
· Co-ordinating lunch provision, including meal planning, budgeting, shopping, cooking, kitchen tasks & customer service
· Co-ordinating the provision of activities such as quizzes, games, raffles, speakers, singalongs, gentle exercise, annual outings, etc
· Publicising the project, recruiting and liaising with locally based older residents attending the lunch club
· Co-ordinating the provision of transport to those people in need of it
· Project administration, including keeping digital records of attendance, finance, etc
We are looking for someone with previous experience of working or volunteering with a community-based project and with older people, and an understanding of the needs of vulnerable people and the value of volunteers. We are looking for someone with both good people skills and good organisational skills.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for full details or download our application pack here. Please note we do not accept CV’s. The closing date is 18th February and interviews will be held on Monday 26th February.
Lunch Club Co-ordinator
£25,000 pa (pro rata)
1 day per week (7 hours)
Fixed term to 30/9/24 with possibility of extension
Sunday, 18 February 2024