Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We run several projects and every year we help thousands of people out of homelessness, into employment, away from domestic abuse, and more.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Role: Service Manager (Female Only)
Hours: 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Covering Bath, Wiltshire and South Gloucestershire
Additional: On-call (1 in 4 weeks), £100/week when on-call
The successful Service Manager will oversea our DVA Bath and Wiltshire services as well as our Children and Young People service in South Gloucestershire. They will need oversea each project with the assistance of two Senior Support Workers, ensuring performance KPI objectives, quality standards and contractual obligations are met through effective management of local teams reflecting the values of Julian House. They will be expected to maintain a visible and active presence within their teams and ensure service improvements are embedded within the projects.
- Manage teams, responsible for effective delivery of client led practices that deliver positive outcomes.
- Provide operational management, staff line management of local project teams, including setting of targets, monitoring, and addressing any performance issues.
- Provide supportive line management and supervision to team members ensuring regular reviews are in place including monthly supervisions, PDRs and any other reviews as appropriate.
- Build effective and motivated staff teams promoting a positive culture focused on learning and achieving best practice in project delivery.
- Manage local staff teams to provide expert support to clients, encouraging clients to co-produce support plans.
- Ensure clients views and feedback shape the design and delivery of local projects.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- A valid UK driving license and access to own vehicle – business insurance will be required for roles involving travel for work
- Experience working with vulnerable adults and/or people with complex needs
- Experience of managing a staff and/or volunteer team.
- Experience working with individuals and/or families that have experienced domestic abuse
- An excellent understanding of domestic abuse, including the impact this has on children and young people
There are many great reasons to join our team including great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 27 after 3 years continuous employment, 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops and a competitive pension scheme.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about Service Manager role, please get in touch with Laura Dawes (Resourcing Assistant) on 07908496681 We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
Domestic Abuse and Children and Young People Service Manager (Female Only)
£31,212 per year
37.5 hours per week
Covering Bath, Wiltshire and South Gloucestershire
Friday, 12 May 2023