Purpose of Job
The Senior Youth Support Worker will support the development and deliver high quality targeted youth work provision that provides informal learning opportunities for young people aged 13-19 years (up to 25 years with special needs).
Working as part of a team of staff and volunteers you would be expected to be involved with the planning, delivery and evaluation of Positive Activities linked to the Youth Connect curriculum.
Youth Connect South West Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. To oversee the development of a Youth Work programme of activities, services and facilities for the defined geographical area.
2. To work with young people to actively encourage their personal and social development. This will be achieved through face-to-face work with young people, individually or in groups.
3. To ensure that the young people in the defined geographical area have the opportunity to take part in a full range of curriculum activities, as outlined by YCSW Curriculum Development strategy.
4. To develop opportunities for the empowerment of young people.
5. To assist young people in the gathering of evidence for the accreditation of their learning.
6. To establish links with and assist in the development of partnership projects in consultation with the Senior Youth Development worker
7. To monitor, record, and evaluate work within the projects.
8. Help ensure that young people and vulnerable adults within the organization are safe and follow agreed procedures where it is necessary to make safeguarding arrangements or child protection referrals.
9. To assist with the recruitment, leadership and management of the post holders reporting to this post in accordance with YCSW policies.
10. To promote and support the development of effective team working, ensuring that staff are motivated and have opportunity to develop personal potential.
11. To ensure that the projects employees are effectively organised, and the budget of the project is effectively managed in accordance with YCSW financial regulations.
12. To ensure equality of opportunity in all activities of the project, and the health and safety of all service users and staff.
13. Contribute to the YCSW Vision, Mission and Values.
Senior Youth Support Worker
£23584- £25756 pro rata
Mid Somer Norton
Friday, 18 November 2022